New Werewolf

Stiles looked down at the still lake water seeing his own reflection, he still couldn't remember fully what happened the night before, but he was sure of one thing, he shifted like a werewolf.

Taking a deep breath, he concentrated on his eyes, and he felt a warmth flood through them and they started to glow red.

"No, no, no, no," Stiles said, burying his head in his hands as the sun started to rise. Frustrated and angry he stood, looking up at the sky,"I DIDN'T WANT THIS!" Stiles roared at the sky, after everything that had happened to him, all that he survived, why was this happening to him?

He wasn't even bitten, how could he have been turned if he wasn't bitten.

Angry at himself, and with what happened to him, Stiles punched a tree and it embedded itself halfway through the wood.

"Why?" Stiles said with tears filled eyes, pulling his hand away from the tree seeing the bruises and cuts already healed, not even leaving a scar.

He shook his head violently, he had to find out where he was. Wherever it was, it definitely wasn't Beacon Hills.

Stiles couldn't trust himself around other people either. When Scott was first bitten he nearly killed anything that made him mad.

So all he could really do was wait until it was night time before going anywhere.

Stiles tried to focus his hearing, trying to listen for any sign of life. For all he knew he could be the only living thing for miles.

Scott had once described his enhanced senses to him, like he was looking at the world for the first time. But as Stiles heard everything around him, he realized why Scott had described it as something that he had to expierence in order to know what it felt like.

for the first time, and Stiles could see why.

Stiles could hear everything, the flap of several birds wings as they flew through the air, ants chittering as they crawled across the ground, drops of moisture from leafs falling to the ground, each sound echoing in his ears.

It started to hurt, each sound now like a thousand hammers pounding against his ear drums.

"Stop," Stiles whispered to himself,"Please," He clung to his ears, trying to block out the sound.

'The people I love have a tendency to die on me.'

That one sentence he heard didn't echo in his ears, but in his minds, and his heart started to calm down.

Stiles remembered how Cora had once told him how most werewolves had a mantra to keep them calm, and he recited the one that she had told him,"Three things no one can escape from," Stiles muttered,"Death, man, and love."

Cora had said that nature always made a balance for things, death would bring about the end of someone's time in this world. Man was the humanity that werewolves clung to whenever they shifted. And love was what no human can escape from, because everyone loves at least one thing, whether it's family, friends, money, or just common objects.

"Death, man, and love," Stiles repeated and the sounds faded away,"Death, man, and love."

Stiles looked down at his hand as the claws shrunk down into normal fingernails.

The two good things he had found out though, he now had a way to keep control, and there were people a few miles away.

Stiles took off running, and he was amazed at how easy it felt, so many times he had tried to increase his endurance and stamina, now it felt like he could run forever.