Weapons

The only thing Hope could hear was the sound of her own breath, her heart pounding in her ears. Stiles's voice called to her, bringing her back to reality.

"Hope! Look at me!" Stiles yelled, shaking her shoulders.

"I-I can't do this again," Hope sobbed,"I can't."

Stiles wrapped his arms around her and hugged his wife as tight as he possibly could,"I'm not going anywhere," Stiles whispered to her,"We'll figure it out?"

"How?" Hope cried, sobs wracking through her body, her warm tears soaking through Stiles's shirt.

Stiles couldn't answer her, so he only held her tighter as she cried, a few tears slipping from his eyes as well.

Time Skip

Hope didn't know what time it was when she went to sleep, all she remembered was crying and Stiles holding her.

When she sat up she was worried that Stiles might have left. But instead he sat at their desk, once again working with several different materials that Hope didn't recognize. Some were bullets of a gun, but they were made of wood and stained with a paint made out of wolfsbane.

He was preparing, she realized sadly, for when his powers would be completely gone.

Stiles hadn't seemed to realize that she had been awake, so she just watched him work silently.

Hope had always known he was smart, being trained as an Argent hunter allowed him to know about weapons and the weaknesses of supernaturals, the mechanic part of his brain allowed him to see a machine and not see confusing metal parts and tubes, but see how it worked and how he can fix it and make it better.

What he was doing now was a whole other level of smart. He took the scraps from around the compound and made unique and deadly weapons.

Stiles picked up a Bowie knife, the blade having a long copper wire along the sharp edge of it. The butt of the handle Stiles had attached a long cylinder, maybe a power source for whatever he was making.

He connected two wires, and it sparked, the wire along the sharp edge started to glow red hot. Picking up a small piece of wood, he pressed the heated knife against it and the smell of burning wood filled Hope's nose as it cut through the wood like butter.

He disconnected the wires and rubbed his eyes, placing the knife down as it cooled. He yawned, he probably hadn't slept all night.

"You could make that bigger," Hope suggested,"Maybe a sword."

Stiles turned to look at her, offering a small exhausted smile,"Current won't last that long."

"With magic it will," Hope replied, going to his side and looking over the several improvised weapons that he had created overnight,"Have you slept at all?"

Stiles shook his head,"Too much on my mind."

"How long have I been asleep?"

"I don't know, maybe four hours, you looked like you needed it."

"So do you," She said, picking up the knife,"You're a genius, you know that, right?"

Stiles shrugged,"Maybe when it comes to some things. Not a lot to others."

"I don't think I can think of one person who can build these things like you can," Hope said,"What's this supposed to be?" She asked, pointing at what looked like a twelve inch kopis.

Stiles put on a fire proof glove and picked up a knife.

He struck it across a metal file and it lit up with blue chemical flames,"Metal's not strong enough and the chemical reaction doesn't last very long," Stiles said as the fire died down,"It's a gel, but I can't really reapply it in middle of a fight."