Surprising Turn

Elijah walked into the gym room to find Stiles hitting a punching bag,"So you do always wear a suit," Stiles noticed.

"It hides my vampiric nature," Elijah replied, while looking around,"So this is what has become of the wine cellar?"

"No point in keeping alcohol around if you can't get drunk," Stiles said.

"You can't--"

"Couldn't," Stiles corrected himself,"One of the worst things about being a different kind of werewolf is that your metabolism is stronger."

"I suppose," Elijah said,"But Hope, she still has the powers that she received from you?"

"Yep, and why are you the only one without an accent?" Stiles asked curiously, wiping the sweat from his forehead with a towel.

"Spend enough time blending in with Americans and it becomes your resting voice," Elijah said.

"Cool," Stiles said, turning back to the bag.

"How did you and Hope meet?"

Stiles paused, turning back to face Elijah,"She tried to eat me, I stopped her, turned her humanity back on, a day later on the full moon Hope turned to get a release from all the emotions swirling around in her brain. Then her foot got caught in a bear trap, hunters shot her, she wouldn't die, she howled, and I came along."

"And what happened to the hunters?" Elijah asked, his face stoic.

"Oh, they're still alive, Hope didn't want anybody to die because of what she did with no humanity."

Elijah nodded slowly,"And what did she tell you of us?"

"Um, Hayley died because some kind of nazi bitch took away her werewolf side, making her a normal vampire. Klaus sacrificed himself for Hope to get rid of the Hollow, you died because your purpose in life was for Klaus's redemption, and without him there wasn't a path ahead. But I had another idea of what happened."

"And what was that?"

Stiles smiled,"I'm sure Klaus had a part in it, but you wanted to see Hayley again. To apologize to her. Am I right?"

Elijah just looked at Stiles for a moment, then said,"You're smarter than anyone gives you credit for."

Stiles pointed at his temple,"I had this, long before I had this," He said, gesturing to his muscles.

"I am curious, who trained you?" Elijah asked.

"Werewolf hunters from my old world," He answered.

"But you were a werewolf?"

Stiles shook his head,"Not before I came here. I was a True Alpha, an Alpha that rises from the sheer force of will. Which means I could start out as human without being born, bitten, or scratched. They're very rare, like one every century rare. But my best friend also became one, so--"

"Nature sent you here to keep the balance," Elijah finished.

"Yeah."

"If True Alpha's rise out of their own will, what did you do to prove yourself?"

"I'd do anything to protect the people I love," Stiles said,"I'd kill for them, bleed for them, and die for them."

Elijah nodded in agreement, his respect for the boy growing by the second,"And your friend?"

Stiles let out a sigh,"He refused to kill anyone, he'd always try and find a way to save the bad guy. Even if his friends got killed along the way."

Elijah paused for a moment,"That does have its own nobility to it. But--"