Grown-Up Decision

Marriage, something that he only knew by the word, something that he had never seen in person, only the occasional picture of two people looking very happy together. But he also knew that in ancient times powerful families would force their children to marry some person that would give them money, a better social status, or just because of their genetic compatibility. The latter mostly being used by Nazi's.

It had been a whole hour since they had told Stiles that he would have to marry Hope to stop a war between werewolves and the Mikaelsons. Apparently, Hope is supposed to be their Alpha because her mother and step-father were their Alphas, so she was basically werewolf royalty.

"What are you doing?" Hope asked, walking into the kitchen where Stiles was at the stove, making something.

"Making food," Stiles said, cracking the eggs into a bowl,"I'm starving."

"How much do you eat?" Hope asked, looking at the remains of what else he ate.

All the leftovers were thrown around the kitchen, most of the containers empty, a can of refried beans half empty with a spoon in it.

"A lot," Stiles answered.

"So are we going to talk about it?" Hope asked, and Stiles knew exactly what she was talking about.

"I don't know," Stiles said, and then he laughed humorlessly,"You know, just eight months ago I was human. I had a best friend, a Dad. Now I'm here, an Alpha werewolf, so far the only friend that I made I'm now supposed to marry to appease a couple of werewolves."

"More than a couple," Hope replied,"The Crescent Wolf pack is the biggest community of werewolves in America. And maybe once we get it over with you can find a way home and leave."

Stiles shook his head,"There's no way home for me."

There was a moment of shocked silence from Hope,"What?"

"Freya couldn't find a way, and according to... Nevermind," Stiles said, catching himself before telling her too much,"The point is, I'm probably going to stay here the rest of my life."

"Forever?" Hope asked in disbelief.

"Try not to sound so excited about it," Stiles replied.

"I-I'm sorry," Hope said,"It's just... I thought you were going to leave and I was going to miss you... more than you know."

Stiles looked at her in surprise,"You were going to miss me?"

Hope nodded,"I didn't want you to leave."

Stiles took a deep breath,"So if I'm going to stay here, we need to talk about the whole marriage thing. Say we get married, then what? What would that mean for me and you?"

"I don't know," Hope said,"I might gain a few of your powers, but with my Mom and Step-Dad she didn't get anything in return besides a Pack to lead."

Stiles nodded,"That might be the scariest part."

Hope chuckled bitterly, sitting down at the table,"Not getting married?"

"There was a guy back home, named Derek, he told me once that a connection between an Alpha and the rest of their pack could only be described as a family, with the Alpha as the parent, and the Betas and Omegas as their children," Stiles said,"So there's a good chance that if we go through with this, it'll feel like I'm a parent."

"And you'll have help," Hope reminded him,"But, are we? Getting married I mean."

Stiles looked at Hope with uncertainty, before shrugging.

That's when Hope stood, and Stiles expected her to leave, but she only circled the island so she stood in front of him.

"Kiss me," Hope said, staring at him with a hard look in her eyes.