Evolving

When Stiles woke up that morning he felt different, stronger, but also on edge. Like the slightest thing could set him off.

He looked down at Hope and smiled, she had moved during their slumber, she was now more on top of his chest, their legs tangled together, and her hand rested on top of his heart.

Carefully he managed to untangle his body from hers, making her murmur softly in her sleep as he stood up from the bed, going to the bathroom, he washed his face, the cold water wiping the sleep from his eyes.

He looked down at his hands and his breath caught, his claws were out without even realizing it, but then he realized how different they were now.

Before they were yellowish with a bit of brown, now they were a dark black, and they looked a lot deadlier now. Almost like they could cut through anything.

Taking a deep breath, Stiles concentrated and his new black claws retracted.

Stiles made a fist, listening to his own heartbeat, making sure that he was keeping the shift in check

He turned the faucet off, and even touching something felt different, like it was weaker, and he could sense the weak and vulnerable parts of it.

He couldn't remember all of the powers that would be added to his own, but he knew that sensing weaknesses is one of them, and he guessed having deadlier claws would be one of them.

Curiously he stared at himself in the mirror, leaning forward he pulled his eyelid down so he could get a closer look and he watched the red light flood through it.

Part of him expected it to be different in some way, but it remained the same normal glowing red, maybe that's the only thing that would stay the same. Just the eyes, the mark of his status as an Alpha.

Stepping out of the bathroom, he looked at the alarm clock, and his eyes were suddenly filled with light. Night vision, he had night vision now.

Normal werewolves would have something like infrared vision, but nothing that could completely penetrate the darkness.

He looked at the time and he saw that it was only four in the morning.

Stiles let a breath loose, going back into the bed, and Hope who was still sleeping acted on instinct cuddling back into Stiles' side.