Shift

Lizzie looked around nervously, Hope and Stiles had given her a room at the compound and she hadn't slept a wink since the full moon. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to block out all the sounds filling her head.

Then something caught her attention, her eyes snapped open, the sound of keys clicking together. She stood up to find she was no longer alone in her room.

Marcel flipped the keys in his hands,"Chevy camaro," He said, looking up at Lizzie,"These yours?" He asked, holding up the keys.

Lizzie growled.

Marcel squeezed them tightly, making them bend out of shape, and he dropped them at her feet.

When Lizzie looked back up, her eyes were glowing yellow, she lunged forward and Marcel caught her by the throat and slammed her against the wall.

Lizzie's fangs gnashed, her hands holding onto Marcel's wrist, her claws digging into it.

"Lizzie," Stiles said, stepping out of the shadows, and he held up her real keys completely undamaged,"These are yours."

Marcel dropped her and Lizzie looked like she still wanted to slash his face off.

"Walk it off, Lizzie," Stiles ordered with an authoritative voice.

Lizzie glared at Marcel a moment longer before leaving.

When Stiles turned to look at Marcel he had an unnervingly genuine smile.

"What are you smiling about?" Stiles asked his uncle in-law.

"You're gonna be good at this," Marcel informed him, still smiling.

"You've gotta be kidding," Stiles scoffed,"I am completely unprepared for this."

"I know a good leader when I see one," Marcel replied,"And you still have a Co-Alpha to help you."

"Yes, a Co-Alpha who put my first Beta's father in a coma," Stiles reminded him.

"Yeah, that might make it a little harder," Marcel said, patting his shoulder as he started to leave.

"That's it?" Stiles asked,"No leaderly advice?"

"That's it," Marcel called back to him before leaving.

Stiles scoffed and he headed to the room that he and Hope had turned into a gym where she was taking out her frustrations and troubles with a punching bag.

"Your family is very frustrating," Stiles told her immediately.

"And you just found this out?" Hope panted, throwing another punch, most of her body covered in sweat,"Where's Lizzie?"

"Reading a book," Stiles said, going behind the punching bag and holding it steady as Hope continued.

"That doesn't sound like her," Hope grunted.

"After she tried tearing Marcel's throat out," Stiles finished.

"That's more like her," Hope said.

"Pay attention to your footwork," Stiles told Hope,"Stay on your toes."

"I don't need to be on my toes if it's not going to hit back," Hope reminded him.

"Oh, really?" Stiles asked, shoving the bag and it hit Hope knocking her on her ass,"It seems to hit back just fine," He said walking toward her.

Hope glared at him, before kicking her leg out, sweeping his legs making him fall down next to her.

Hope swung her legs over him and she sat down on his lap,"How about you pay attention to where your feet are?"