Daughters To Be Leaders, Sons To Be Soldiers

"He's still not talking to me," Hope said, walking back down the stairs and into the courtyard of the compound where the rest of her family had gathered, Lizzie awkwardly standing to the side.

"So, he killed a bad guy," Kol said,"Usually that would be a cause for celebration."

"He's never killed anyone before," Hope told them,"Do you even remember the first time you took a life?"

Kol opened his mouth, then closed it, in his thousand years of being a vampire he's killed countless people.

"If you were in his shoes, you wouldn't be throwing a party either," Hope said, glaring at her uncle.

There was a moment of tension filled silence.

"So, what are we supposed to do?" Keelin asked,"Just let him be alone?"

"No," Hope said,"The last thing he needs to be right now is alone."

"Well, if he isn't talking to you, who will he talk to?" Davina asked, she didn't know much about Stiles, but from what she had heard Hope, Freya, Keelin, and even Marcel had grown to care about him like he was family. And he technically was, even if he was married into it, he was their family.

Marcel shrugged,"I could talk to him."

"You? Yeah, right," Kol said,"You'll probably just give some boring speech about how it was justified."

"Like you would do any better?" Marcel replied,"You'd probably just say 'So you killed someone, get over it'."

"Shut up!" Hope yelled at both of them, her eyes showing,"If you both could just stop arguing until we figure this out?"

Kol and Marcel glared at each other, before turning their gazes back to Hope and nodding.

"Thank you," Hope said,"So, we established that Kol and Marcel aren't going to talk to him. Anybody else up for it?"

Nobody volunteered, then Hope looked at Lizzie, and the rest of her family followed her gaze.

Lizzie, who finally realized that she was being stared down by the Original family, looked up at them,"Why are you looking at me?"

"You could talk to him," Hope said.

"Me?" Lizzie said, her eyes widening,"I barely know him and I'm not exactly the best person to provide emotional support."

"You're his Beta," Hope reminded her,"You have a connection with him that no one else has."

"Really? Not even his wife who he's bonded to through a magical werewolf marriage," Lizzie said doubtfully.

"That's probably the exact reason Stiles isn't talking to me at all," Hope replied,"But maybe he'll open up to you."

Lizzie huffed,"Fine," She said, walking up the stairs and going to the terrace where Stiles stood, looking over the city of New Orleans,"I'm just going to take a guess and say you heard all of that?"

Stiles only nodded, not looking back at the Beta.

Stiles looked down at his right hand, still covered in Greg's blood, dried onto his skin.

"So, let's talk then," Lizzie said, stepping next to him, and she paused when she saw his hand,"You know it wasn't your fault, right?"

Stiles suddenly let out a bitter laugh,"Yeah, it was. Or did you not see me rip his heart out?"

"No, I did," Lizzie said,"I definitely did. But you kind of had a good reason to kill him, he tried to kill the love of your life, and for like ten seconds he did. So you probably lost control when you were fighting him."