15

{+}{+}{+}

Adrien's P.O.V

"You wanted to see me?" I questioned, sitting on an empty mat. Fu nodded with a smile, pouring some tea into a cup.

"I have noticed your bond with Ladybug is starting to form," the old man said, sliding the cup of tea over to me before pouring his own. I scowled at the geezer for bothering me with such trivial things. Does he not know I have much more important things to do? Hawkmoth is still afoot and can release an army of Akuma's any day!

"If you are just going to waste my precious time with small talk, I will take my leave right now," I huffed. Fu's smile fell, sadness lingering in his weary eyes. The elder man sighed, taking a sip from his cup.

"I do have an undercover assignment for you alone. I just wished to hear how you are doing these days from yourself than from your teammates," he explained, staring down at the table with a look of melancholy. I grimaced, feeling a twinge of guilt but did not let it show. I stayed silent and held a blank-slate expression, patiently waiting for him to continue.

   "There will be a masquerade party held tonight for a newly engaged couple. I have been informed that one of Hawkmoth's Akuma may be attending but my source was not very sure. I would like you to go and see if these rumors are true," Fu explained the mission.

   The old man pulled out a string with beads out from under the table and presented it. I raised an eyebrow, wondering why he is showing me a child's tacky jewelry.

   "If you would have studied," Fu pointedly said, making me sheepishly smile, "you would know that this accident witch's charm will give off a glow when whoever's essence it has last absorbed is near."

   Master Fu handed the charm over to me before finishing, "Your disguise is in your room with an address of where the party will be held and the time it will start."

   I gave a definite nod, understanding what I have to do. If this assignment will get me a step closer to defeating Hawkmoth, I will go every mile until I reach my goal. He will pay for taking the love of my life away.

   I will destroy that villain even if I die trying.

Master Fu's P.O.V

   "Are you sure he can do this?"

   I turned my head to see Lady Olympia and the very girl who made the charm appear from thin air. The girl continued, "Charms like that are quite difficult to make. My resources are pretty limited when magic is outlawed (it took me years to gather the ingredients). If he breaks that charm, it may be impossible to make another."

   "Tha' boya is abou' as reckless as day come! Specially, da theme of his powa" Lady Olympia said in agreement before adding, "Thou, I do trust dis fella geezer!"

   I gave them both a reassuring smile, sipping the steaming cup of tea.

   "Do not worry. He may be the embodiment of bad luck but good luck will always be there to balance him out. For when there is chaos, hope is never too far away," I replied, pouring another cup of tea, "Would you ladies care to join me for some tea?"

   The two glanced at each other before shrugging their shoulders. They both sat down on an empty mat and nursed their drinks.