39

{+}{+}{+}

Chat Noir's P.O.V

I watched as my partner tried to punch the woman in the mirror. I was taken aback by everything that just occurred before me. I have never seen Ladybug this angry before. She usually is very levelheaded.

Although, if I were told all of that, I would have punched her too (even if she is a girl). I recognized the woman from the party I had crashed at nearly a week ago.

She wanted me and Marinette dead right on the spot. I understand why she would want me dead. But someone from her own class? A despicable woman, no doubt. I have only met her once and my first impression of her was nothing short of horrendous.

I wondered how Ladybug knew this vile woman. Yet, I pushed it aside. Whoever Ladybug is under the mask and how she knows the woman, it is none of my business. But I do understand the hatred towards her. That is all I need to know.

Those words coming from that vile woman must have been hurtful if she broke through Ladybug's coolness.

Even with Ladybug's powerful strike, the glass did not crack and the woman faded out of existence. Ladybug stayed frozen in that stance with her head bowed for a moment. Her body expanded with every heavy breath she took.

Then, her fingers slipped out from a fist and her palm laid flat on the glass. She leaned her head on the pane before sinking to her knees in defeat.

She kept silent, much to my concern.

   Is this the power of the house? It digs through our minds and manifests our weak points into reality. Are we about to walk through our nightmares? Is our negativity a source of its meal?

   My frown deepened as I approached my partner. I cannot imagine what else this place will do to try and shut us down like this. It was only our first encounter and Ladybug already looked so crushed.

I knelt next to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. I opened my mouth to ask if she was okay but realized that would be stupid to ask. Obviously, she was not. Her pride was fractured and her insecurities were exploited.

   "Chat Noir..."

   I perked up, not expecting Ladybug to suddenly speak up. I placed my attention on her but kept my awareness of our surroundings on high.

   "Yes?" I questioned, letting her know I was listening.

   "I am going to lock Hawkmoth in a casket, hide the key so it is never found, and send him to the fiery gates below," Ladybug growled with furry. I blinked in befuddlement at her threat. This is not the Ladybug I am used too. She is somewhat...scary when she is mad.

   Have our roles switched suddenly? It seems I am going to be the voice of reason.

   "Ladybug, I know you are frustrated but we need to keep our minds level. Let us not be discouraged by demeaning words that are what they only are: words. Words that are far from the truth," I spoke.

"That is what this house wants from us. It wants to break our spirits and feed on it. What it does not know is that we are stronger than it."

   Ladybug finally turned her head towards me. There was a struggle in those bluebells but there was also hope peeking out.

   She helped me sort out my problems. Now, it was my turn to give her my shoulder to lean on.

   We are a team. Teammates always support each other in their time of need and help them rise from rock bottom.