2

{+}{+}{+}

Adrien's P.O.V

I grumpily walked down the muddy streets filled with puddles from the rain earlier. The gray clouds still loomed above the rundown buildings that housed the poor people of Paris.

Kids ran around in their ragged clothes laughing, jumping and playing in the muddy puddles.

It may seem like a dreaded place but hope still lingered in the darkest places. I see it every day when walking down this same pathway. Unfortunately, nothing has changed my gloomy mood since our fallen Ladybug and the love of my life, Kagami.

Life in the poor part of town has never been the same since her death. Some had hope that a new Ladybug will come and continue what the last one couldn't. Others were like this weather, gray clouds blocking the sun's light and bringing a chill to what we call home.

We lost a hero, a friend, and hope for our future. We lost so much in one night and took a big hit. Even the miraculous holders weren't acting the same without Kagami. I definitely changed.

My love is gone and since then, I never transformed back into Chat Noir, now declared MIA.

I've seen the holders visiting Master Fu, probably wondering where I am, and why I'm not doing my duties. Master Fu tried to convince me to go back and stop worrying the others. Yet I hadn't had the motivation to do so.

My purpose was to protect Ladybug and destroy. There was no Ladybug. If I transform, the memories would come and cloud reason with destruction. So what was my purpose now?

"Hey, long time no see!" Nino said, coming up from behind and slinging an arm around my shoulders.

"Hey," I dully replied, hands in pockets and head low. Nino knew of my gloominess but does not know the reason why. He has tried many times to get me to talk about it, but I always shrug it off.

What was the point of telling anyone? Master Fu was the only one who knows about my feelings I had towards Kagami.

"I'm not sure what your deal is but you know you can lay it on me. I'm your best friend, your pal, your amigo, remember? You could say we're practically brothers but that's a bit cheesy," he rambled, then scrunched his nose.

"Speaking of cheese, you really need to hold off on that camembert. You seriously reek of it."

I snorted a bit and faked a small smile, mentally and sarcastically thanking Plagg for the smell. Nino always knew how to cheer me up with his ridiculousness. He was weird and funny like that, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

"I'll think about it," I replied.

"There's that missing smile, almost forgot you had one!" Nino cheered while I rolled my eyes. What would I do without my best friend?

"Hey, boys!"

We stopped and turned to see Nino's girlfriend, Alya running up to us with a giant smile.

"Hey, Al. What's up?" Nino asked the redhead.

"I've got the biggest scoop and couldn't let it not be told to anyone else," she said, enthusiastically.

"What's the news?" I asked. Alya's news wasn't all too thrilling since it was pretty much the same kind of gossip. People stealing, fights breaking out, an akuma causing havoc or the rich doing stupid things. Same old, same old news every time.

Yet, I was quite taken back with what she said

"I heard that a new Ladybug has been chosen! Can you believe it?" the girl squealed, hopping up and down.