41

{+}{+}{+}

Seven years ago...

Chat Noir's P.O.V

"There you are."

I did not need to look over my shoulder to know who was approaching. I recognized that voice—the last one I want to hear at the moment.

   Vesperia sat next to me on the edge of a roof. I scowled at her before returning my gaze toward Paris. I hugged my knees a little tighter to me, resting my chin on my arm.

I had run off after my talk with Master Fu. I needed some alone time to clear my head. Unfortunately, I am not given such time and the intruder just had to be the bee holder.

   "Apparently, I did not hide well enough," I huffed, "You clearly did not get the message that I do not want to be with anyone right now. Did you even think of that while taking the time to search for me?"

   Vesperia frowned and looked down at the street below.

   "I apologize. You just looked like you could use a companion," she replied, mindlessly drawing her finger on the stone.

   "Then, your judgment was wrong," I said, rolling my eyes, "Now, why do you not just leave me be?"

   "Chat Noir, why do you hate me?" Vesperia asked in a soft voice, "Ever since the day I arrived at the dojo, you have always had something against my presence. I do not understand what I have done wrong to anger you but I am truly sorry for it."

   I glanced over her way, seeing her turmoil. She does not understand why I am upset with her. She does not know the unfairness I felt when she came along...wearing a miraculous before me. Without any training. Without any knowledge.

   Unlike me, who had trained for years until finally being given what I deserved from hard work. It was as if the miraculous was some free food given to her without putting any effort into earning it. No labor put into a project I slaved over while she takes full credit.

   I let out a sigh.

   "I do not hate you," I responded, "Hate is too much of a strong word for how I feel toward you. It is more of a...distaste."

   "You sure know have a funny way of showing how distasteful I am. It is almost like you see me as your enemy," Vesperia mumbled with hurt laced in her voice. I do not think I was supposed to hear that but my enhanced hearing caught her words.

   My ears drooped in sorrow. Perhaps, I have been somewhat foolish for treating her as an outcast. My anger should be taken out on that old geezer instead. After all, he is the one that gave her the miraculous. She does not know why I am frustrated. How could she?

   "You are right. I should have not treated you so lowly," I admitted, "The reason my distaste for you started is because you did nothing to earn the bee miraculous. I had to train for years until becoming worthy of the black cat miraculous."

Vesperia's eyes widened and shook her head in disbelief.

"So, that was why you did not get a miraculous until last year. I had no idea we had to train to earn them," she said, guilty.

"Why have you never asked? And why are you so worthy of a miraculous without the proper training?" I questioned her.

"I had tried to ask you many times why you did not have a miraculous but you always gave me the cold shoulder. You continuously ignored me and I eventually gave up trying to get an answer," Vesperia answered.