58

{+}{+}{+}

Chat Noir's P.O.V

   I was flung into a hut, causing it to collapse.

   "Get up!" I yelled at myself in my head, "Get up! Everyone is depending on you!"

   My body would not respond though. As much as I wanted to stand and fight, my body would not respond. My limbs felt as heavy as a wagon full of rocks. It did not help that there was a wooden beam trapping my legs.

"Oh no," I grunted, trying to shove the beam off of me. The Akuma roared and continued its rampage through the poor section. Much to my misfortune, the creature was still heading straight for our hideout and growing scarily close. It was just a few blocks away from arriving...

   "Chat Noir!"

   Pegasus came racing over to me as the portal closed behind him.

   "You are supposed to be guarding the hideout," I scolded him. He frowned, lifting the beam off of my legs and tossing it aside.

   "And I will still do so," Pegasus confirmed, "But I am going to assist you first. You are in dire need of medical attention."

   "Do not worry about me. Paris comes first," I said, "There is no time to tend to my wounds."

   Pegasus did not like what I said, "Well...do you know where Rena and Carapace are? They are not in the hideout and Rena can take care of you."

   "I am unsure. Just go and fight the Akuma until Ladybug arrives. That is an order," I told him. Pegasus' frown deepened before opening a portal.

   "I made an oath to myself that I would never leave another friend behind again. I have no plans on breaking it and that is a one-hundred percent guarantee. Please, let me at least get you to safety," Pegasus begged.

   I have never seen Pegasus so certain before. He was never bold about his choices unless it had to do with math. He usually kept to himself and followed orders without putting up a fight. This meant more to Pegasus than I realized.

  While I was both respectful and grateful, I wished Pegasus would worry more about the Akuma wreaking havoc than me.

   I suppose I would just make my friend's wish come true so he can return to the fight faster.

   "Very well," I allowed. I tried to stand but my legs and arms argued against my decision. Pegasus quickly swooped to my side and assisted me to my feet. He practically dragged me to the portal, leading to inside the hideout's training room.

   Pegasus laid me out on a mat before leaping to the skylight.

   "Good luck," I told him but he was already gone.

{+}{+}{+}

Five years ago...

Max's P.O.V

I was once again dragged to another awful ball in my parent's hopes of me becoming a suitor. It was the same as any other aside from the place, snacks, and music. Yet, I have been to so many, they all seem to blend.

   I wish to be back home in my room working on my project.

Every host and guest at the parties are awful people, considering that one-hundred percent of them are wealthy snobs, who only talk about how great they are. They are all so pompous and arrogant. I would rather be conversing with a pigeon than all these birdbrains.