1

{+}{+}{+}

Paris, France
(also known as "la Ville Lumière" or the "City of Lights" and "Ville de l'amour" or the "City of Love")
1812.

{+}{+}{+}

No One's P.O.V

Knock Knock

Wang Fu opened his eyes, disturbed from his meditation by a simple knock on the door at an unusual time at night. Rain poured and the air was chill, not even a petty thief would be out in this weather.

It seemed fate had other plans for whoever was outside his house. Maybe someone that needed to take shelter being caught in the rain? He had no idea.

The old man stood up and walked over to the door, slightly curious as to why there was not another knock. Did they leave already? Was this a prank to scare him? It would take a lot more to scare the old master of the miraculous if that were so.

He twisted the handle and pushed open the door to reveal nothing but the dark, mucky streets and rotted houses of the poverty-stricken side of Paris. Some cooing came from below Fu. His curious old eyes looked down to find a neatly weaved basket with a baby blue blanket. Within the bundle of the pristine cloth was a baby boy with dazzling emerald eyes and tuffs of golden hair.

Thunder roared and lightening flashed, scaring the child and making him cry. Still surprised by the baby's presence, Fu quickly carried the basket inside and shut the door. The master carefully took the baby in the blue blanket out of the basket and cradled the child, trying to warm him up from the cold.

The baby calmed down and fell asleep as if he knew that he was safe. Fu carefully took in all the baby's features once again and felt something special about the little one.

"Master, I sense something. It felt like a rift within a miraculous," a small turtle informed, floating over to Fu to see the child.

"Do you know which miraculous it was, Wayzz?" the old man asked his Kwami. Wayzz shook his head "no" sadly in defeat.

"I feel a shift in our fate and more so, with him," Fu added, gesturing to the sleeping child in his arms. Wayzz spotted something engraved on the blanket and zipped around to find a nicely stitched in name in cursive.

"His name is Adrien," the turtle informed, fondly as the baby cooed in his dreams. Fu looked closely at Adrien before nodding to an unspoken agreement with himself. "He shall be the next holder of the black cat miraculous."

From then, Fu raised and cared for Adrien as if he were his own. The master of the miraculous trained the youngling into a mighty warrior and leader of a group of other superheroes and superheroines of the miraculous.

He was known as Chat Noir, with the power of destruction and protector of the poor people of Paris.

His other half and with her powers of creation, Ladybug has always stood alongside him as a true hero and friend. Though neither knew of each other's identity, they trusted each other with their lives. Adrien was devoted to protect and slowly fell in love with the strong girl behind the mask, even if he didn't know who it was.

They balanced each other. As cheesy as it sounded, she made him complete. Whole. He couldn't imagine another person taking her place in his heart.

In 1827, the grudge between the rich and poor grew into a war when a villain named Hawkmoth began to attack. The poor blamed the rich for the attacks. The wealthy were insulted by the lower class's claims and only tormented the innocent beggared civilians more.