23

{+}{+}{+}

Juleka's P.O.V

   I let out a long sigh while mixing my latest concoction. I glance over at my family's portrait hanging on the wall then stare down at the glowing, green liquid bubbling within my cauldron. The only noise in this room is coming from the rumbling pot and an occasional rat nearby. Not even the city above can break through the soundproof barrier I placed around my home.

   Although, it can get very lonely and quiet hiding away. It is difficult to go much elsewhere since magic is outlawed. There are so few witches and wizards and magic users left these days thanks to that Secret Sorcery Slayers (or the SSS).

   At first, I did not mind being alone when I went into hiding. I worked endlessly without any disturbance or distractions. I moved levels higher than other witches around my age and achieved many accomplishments. I would rarely come out from hiding unless I was desperate enough for certain things.

   That is until I met my apprentice and partner in sorcery.

   I never knew how much color my apprentice brings into my dull home until being away for a while. I miss my student's presence. Hopefully, my apprentice's assignment is proving effective and is helping us take a step forward to solving Hawkmoth's identity.

   Until then, I will have to proceed without my partner by my side.

   I snap out of my saddened state when feeling something rubbing against my leg. My eyes travel down to the floor, seeing a purple cat with stripes trying to get my attention. A small smile creeps onto my face. I stop stirring and pick up my familiar.

   "Hello, my darling, Roaar," I greeted, petting the cat, "Do you bring any good news from Master Fu or spy anything interesting?"

   Roaar enjoys my pets for a minute longer before hopping out of my arms. The purple cat scurries over to the nearest wall and displays its claws. It scratches the wall, tearing open a small pocket world. The feline leaps into the space.

   Roaar hardly takes a few seconds when it reappears from the portal with a rolled-up paper. The hole disappears upon Roaar's arrival and trots over to me. I kneel and take the paper into my grasp. The rolled-up paper is sealed with my apprentice's emblem, much to my dismay.

   We have not spoken since the day she left.

   I break the seal and read the letter.

   One immediately line catches my attention.

   "It...It cannot be," I spoke in disbelief, "It is not possible..."

{+}{+}{+}

Chat Noir's P.O.V

   "On your left!" I shouted. Ladybug dodged the flying purple goop just in time. It continued to hurtle until hitting a wall and melting a hole into it.

   "Thank you, Kitty," she said.

   "Kitty? Seriously?" I questioned, nose wrinkling in disgust.

   "What? Can I not give you a nickname? I thought we were friends?" She replied with fake innocence.

   "I would prefer if you did not—watch out!" I yelled again, tackling her to the ground as another round of purple goop nearly hit her, "How about less talking and more fighting."

   "Fair enough," Ladybug agreed.

   "Do any of you have a plan?" Carapace asked, protecting Vesperia from the acid-like goop. The giant snail monster gurgled. It slowly moves through the city, leaving a purple trail and melted, steaming destruction. Its shell contains many hidden windows opening in different areas, making the shooting goop unpredictable.