28

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette's P.O.V

"I will end your entire career if she is not okay!"

Those are the first words I hear in my hazy awakening state. I let my vision clear, solidifying the world's shapes and colors. I immediately know I am laying in a bed, feeling the softness of the mattress and the texture of the blanket covering me.

I notice my father is sitting on the edge of the bed with a distant look in his eyes. My gaze shifts to the side, seeing my tempered mother talking with a scared doctor.

"Madam Dupain-Cheng, I do not have any means of disrespect. But, I need you to calm down," the doctor replied, making my mother more furious. Yet, she held in the boiling within herself to hear out the medical professional.

"There is nothing wrong with her. Your child merely needs some rest. I theorize the reason she fainted in the first place is that she is being overworked and placed under a lot of stress," the doctor concluded.

While he is correct about my situation with stress, I know that is not the reason why I fell unconscious. I can recall the reason I had fainted. Unlike mother, I can remember the intruder's identity.

Ella...or Princess Fragrance as she dubbed herself. Princess Fragrance is infamously known in the wealthy section as a wanted witch (like every other magical user). I have heard a few rumors of her existence but only so much.

What I do not understand is, why do I remember her? What was she doing rummaging around mother and father's room?

"That does not explain why she was in our room," mother insisted on an explanation, snapping me out of my thoughts. The doctor gave my mother a deadpanned look, growing more tired of my mother's attitude than being fearful anymore.

"M'lady, I am a doctor, not a detective. I am sure your daughter will give you an explanation once she has awoken," the doctor said, picking up a bag from off the ground, "Right now, let her rest, and do not stress her out. Now, if you will excuse me."

"Thank you," father gave his appreciation. The doctor place a hand on his rest and gave a slight bow.

"It was my pleasure," the medical professional stated before leaving the room. Once the doctor left, mother let out a long sigh and hugged herself. I could feel the bed's movement of father standing and moving over to mother. He pulled her into an embrace.

I capture this rare moment of my parents actually looking like a loving and caring couple. Normal parents, if you will. It has been a long time since I have seen these two adults interact this way. A secluded man buried in his work and a feistily-tempered woman, who needs everything to be perfect.

A strange high-classed paring. But, it is endearing to know they still love each other though they hardly see each other much anymore. From their love, they created a rebellious daughter—they have me.

"Weird," I thought. We are a very unusual family, unlike the other wealthy class households. They all seem to be mindless clones in a handful of different groups. (Sometimes, there would be families who would go as far as to wear the exact same thing or color. I find that to be odder than my family's dynamic).

   Honestly, I should not be complaining too much. I have it better than most other rich children. The most I have been physically abused by my parents was my mother slapping me that one time. Although, I cannot say that my mental and emotional states have not been severely damaged on multiple accounts.

   I finally decide to make my consciousness known.

   "Mother? Father?" I groggily spoke up, clearing my throat of the scratchy feeling. My parents shot their gazes over at me and split apart (I was a bit saddened at that). The two made their way over until they stood next to the bedside.