35

{+}{+}{+}

Chat Noir's P.O.V

"What on Earth is Alya doing here?!" I thought.

I was unaware that she worked as a servant. This must have been a recent development. Still, why a servant of all jobs? Last time I checked, Alya had abominated them since the day she arrived in the poor section. I do not know the full story but she has a bit of bad history with the people of the wealthy section.

   So, it is surprising to find her working for a rich family. Hopefully, she does not get a position that requires her to do anything awful. If they hurt my friend in any way, I will make sure that they will severely regret ever doing it.

Before Alya came into the picture, my mind was already reeling at the sight of the very man I dubbed a suspect. The Akuma spy. What sort of business does he have with this family?

I can hear them talking but their words are muffled. I was hoping I could make out their conversation with the movement of their lips. Unfortunately, the only two that are talking are the stoic man and the woman (and I could not even see the woman's face).

At times, I glanced over at the younger midnight-haired woman and the large male to see their facial expressions. I was not sure if I am making this out right. Yet, they seemed very on-edge about whatever they were talking about.

After Alya left, the younger woman marched out of the room with outrage burning in her eyes. Whatever happened with Alya and the blonde servant, it upset the heiress very much.

She is quite bold for storming off and showing her emotions.

I heard some stories where girls had to have certain faces to wear at different events. At parties, they had to look like they were having a merry time even if they were not.

By the way her earlier expression, I assume she had to keep a neutral face.

Yet, she showed many different feelings. From fear to anger, she could be very expressive at minimal times. The rest of the time, her face was blank of emotion. She was decent at hiding it and could have kept up the facade.

She did not though nor did she care what everyone thought of her disturbance.

"She continues to interest me more and more," I mumbled to myself. I watched for a few more minutes but realized that I am getting nowhere.

I could not get a closer look.

I could risk the chance of running into Alya and have her recognize me. The staff members and the family could realize that I do not belong there either.

Since I am making no progress at finding out anything, I might as well go see the girl. I am guessing she is making her way back to her bedroom.

The question is, where is it?

I climbed to the top of the roof and made my way over to the sides. I searched for any balconies that might harbor her bedroom.

Suddenly, I window opened. Alya stuck her head out for a moment before retreating inside. Out of curiosity, I climbed down the side of the building and peeked into the room.

There stood Alya talking to the very woman I came to see.

   "Are you sure you wish to wait until I finish my duties?" Alya asked.

   "Yes, I do not want to turn in quite yet. I would like to get a few errands done before I go to bed," the wealthy woman replied.

   Alya smiled.