49

Y'all are going to be so mad at me after this chapter.

{+}{+}{+}

Master Fu's P.O.V

   Knock knock

   "Come in," I called.

I turned away from the window I was looking out of. It was such a beautiful day out. There were children outside playing some sort of game.
I had even gone to visit Marianne earlier and spent time with her. I very rarely got to since I have to stay decently hidden.

The creak of the door opened and the holder of the bunny miraculous entered.

"Bunnyx, what a wonderful surprise! I hardly ever get a visit from you. It is so nice to see your face around here," I chirped.

Bunnyx's ears drooped in sorrow and gave me apologetic eyes.

"It is alright. I know you are not very fond of people," I reassured, "What brings you here, my child?"

Bunnyx's face morphed into one of seriousness but I could see into the windows of her eyes. There was an uneasiness in her tortured soul. One I have come to understand very clearly without her saying a word. I instantly knew what she was trying to tell me with just her stare.

I smiled.

"I see," I said, wrapping my arms behind my back. I walked over to a drawer and pulled out a sealed letter, placing it on my table.

"It is time."

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette's P.O.V

"...and that is how my father discovered the lost temple of Kushim. If it were not for me correcting the mistranslation, he would never have found it," Lila finished her delusional fairytale.

I stared blankly off into the distance, occasionally taking sips from my chalice. I did not come back down to earth until Lila finished her story.

I was unfortunately dragged to yet another party. Luka had visited earlier and invited us to Lila's party, explaining her absence from Luka's side. Mother thought it was a splendid idea to redeem myself for my past failures at other parties (and threatened me to be on my best behavior).

I did not want to go but I did not have a choice in the matter. What made matters worse, Chloe was also invited.

I do not even know why Lila invited me. She and Chloe hate my guts. Of course, the feeling is quite mutual.

"Well, my daddy just gave me a temple made of gold for my birthday," Chloe replied, sloshing her chalice of wine around. I merely rolled my eyes and yawned.

"Oh, did I bore you, Lady Dupain-Cheng?" Chloe snarled, "Do you have something better that is more worthwhile? Of course with your track record, you never have anything special. It is no wonder why nobody likes you."

I raised an eyebrow, thinking, "If only you knew."

I let out an unamused scoff, "The only reason why I have nothing to say is that I merely do not lie nor waste my breath trying to. It is pointless and annoying."

"Marinette, we are aware that you are just jealous of our successes. You do not have to feel ashamed of yourself for being a slow learner. We could teach you to be ladylike if you wish. Such as me inviting you to my party even if you have been...throwing some temper tantrums is a good example of hospitality," Lila explained in a sickeningly sweet voice.