5

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette's P.O.V

It was early in the morning when someone knocked on my door. Rubbing my tired eyes, I groaned and sat up in bed. Without thinking, I said, "Enter."

The door opened with a squeak and in entered the maid that I helped at the party yesterday. A sudden realization dawned over me and panic coursed through my veins, fully waking me up. My eyes were drawn to the pillow on the other half of the bed to only see an indent in the white cushion where Tikki had slept.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips before turning my attention back to the maid.

"Good morning, madam," she greeted, politely and bowed in respect. I grimaced, getting out of bed in the process. Bowing was one of the many accustomed to the rich lifestyle I never grew comfortable with. It made me feel as if I was something to behold and worship. But, I wasn't. I was just like every other person in this world, human.

"Shall we get you ready to meet your fiancée?" the maid asked, standing near my closet.

"Of course," I answered, holding back a snarl. Even though I was furious at the moment, I did not need to take my anger out on the maid.

"Oh dear!" the woman suddenly gasped, making me jump. The maid noticed that she scared me before bowing and apologizing.

"Forgive me for my sudden outburst, Lady Dupain-Cheng. I just noticed that your makeup stand's mirror is severely cracked."

I looked over at the mirror before wincing at the memory of how the mirror became shattered in the first place. Subconsciously, I rub my fingers over the bandages of my injured hand, hiding it behind me. It seemed as though the maid noticed my quick movement but bit down on her tongue.

With a look of sympathy, the maid wordlessly walked towards me. My eyes widened a little and took an unsure step back, my legs hitting the side of my bed. Once the woman stood before me, she carefully pulled my bandaged hand out from behind me and flipped my hand over, palm facing upwards.

Her crystal blue eyes stared at it for about a minute before letting it go.

"I will tell no one of this. We can use some silky gloves to cover this up so no one notices," she said, looking up at me and smiling reassuringly, "Now, let us prepare you to meet your fiancée."

I was frozen on the spot, staring at the maid in disbelief. She seemed kind but I continued to keep my guard up. There were no trustworthy people in the wealthy life that I learned years ago. Everyone backstabs each other mercilessly until there is no longer a human being, just another puppet.

I obediently followed the maid in silence over to my closet to ready myself. Yet, I knew deep down that I would never be prepared for whatever would take place in my future.

{+}{+}{+}

Adrien's P.O.V

"I am starving. Feed me," Plagg whined from the inside of my jacket. I rolled my eyes, handing my Kwami some Camembert cheese to shut him up. Plagg began to chow down on the stinky food before saying with a full mouth, "So, when are you going to train your new lady friend?"

"I am not going to train her nor do I even want to be her acquaintance," I answered back.

"Right," Plagg said, "She does not need your training when she is already a pro, probably better than you."

"Please, it was merely a beginner's luck. She will never be a superhero, let alone be able to beat me," I replied, rolling my eyes. Plagg did not respond after that as we entered Master Fu's quarters. Fu was sitting in the middle of the room on a mat in a meditating position. I huffed, walking into the room and stood a few feet away from the geezer, arms folded.