31

{+}{+}{+}

Gabriel's P.O.V

"Have you gained any information on those demons?" I asked, "My patience is growing thinner with each day that passes."

"I may have found something worthy of information. But I am not fully sure if it is true or if it has anything to do with the rebels," my spy responded in an unsure tone.

   I do not care. It has been nearly two decades and I still am nowhere close to getting my revenge. Even if it is an unsure crumb, it is something at least. Whatever small piece of information will get me closer to getting rid of magic permanently, I will take it.

"What may that be?" I asked. The communication machine went silent for a few seconds before my spy finally decided to talk.

"I may have found a mole in the Dupain-Cheng residence."

I glanced over at Nathalie to make sure she heard. My assistant gave me a curt nod, jotting down a note to add to my tight schedule. This is a chance I cannot miss and will risk canceling an important meeting if this will gain me anything.

Although, this might be tricky. Whatever magic user is lingering in the Dupain-Cheng's household must be very stealthy. It has left even my top spy to be unsure. I have been to that household on a few occasions but have never noticed anything suspicious.

This will be a tricky one to deal with. Yet, a challenge has only ever encouraged me to work harder. I am going to find that sorcerer (or sorceress) and get what I need from them.

We will be visiting the Dupain-Cheng residence and starting the hunt.

"Very good. You may continue with your mission," I excused my spy, satisfied with the information. Our communication was cut off. I stood up from my seat. I turned around to face my wife's portrait. An extravagant woman unlike any other. She was taken away too early just like our son. They deserved the world and I...

   ...I was unable to protect them.

   This time will be different.

   I reached out toward the painting's frame and pulled it. The picture swung open like a door to reveal a secret cabinet behind it. Grasping the handles of the cabinet, I turned them and pulled them open. Mounted up are a few firearms and two gnarly daggers.

   This time, I will not hesitate.

   I grab my biggest gun, tightening my grip around the wooden handle. It has been a long time since I used it back in the day to hunt. After all, I was a part of the SSS (Sorcery Slayer Society). Now, I will rise again to lead a hidden society back into the sunlight. First, I am going to need to train.

   "Nathalie, when will we be visiting the Dupain-Cheng's household?" I asked.

   "If they are willing, we can have it as early as the end of this week or the next," she explained in a monotonous voice.

   "Then, I would like you to send them a message to ask which day would be best," I requested.

   "Yes, sir," she said before leaving me alone. I stared down at my gun.

   This time, I have nothing to lose.

{+}{+}{+}

Juleka's P.O.V

   I had rarely gone out of my hiding hole which I call home. Yet, that was before I met my apprentice. She urged me to get out and try new things. She introduced me to kind people such as Master Fu and Lady Olympia.