22

{+}{+}{+}

Adrien's P.O.V

"It has been some time since we last saw each other," Nino said.

"Indeed," I agreed, watching Nino helping his tired girlfriend walk with his arm latched with her own. They are trying to act like their usual selves but I do notice the sleep-deprived state Alya is in. I do not know why they are trying to keep it a secret but it is none of my business.

I trust Nino is doing his best for Alya. He is a good man, who is loyal and faithful to the woman he deeply loves. Nino would do anything for Alya, as would she to him. That is what makes them a tremendous team.

"How have things been going at the tea shop and with your old man?" Nino asked.

Master Fu runs a tea shop as a coverup and to earn money. The civilians only know him as good old Wang Fu rather than the mysterious Guardian of the Miraculous. Of course, no one, except for me and the other holders, knows of his second identity. The civilians in Paris only hear whispers of his name but do not know his face.

"It is doing well as it usually does," I answered, "He made a new tea mixture quite recently."

"Alya and I will have to go sometime to try it. Right, darling?" Nino said with a chipper smile. Every time Nino goes to Master Fu's tea shop, you swoon over every single cup he drinks and practically gushes over it. I believe it inflates my guardian's ego though he stays modest on the outside.

"Yes, we will have to go try it once we are not busy with work," Alya responded, patting her boyfriend's arm.

At this moment, the three of us walk through the marketplace. The different smells and loud voices hit. The place is busier than usual, people bustling around from shops to stands and carrying many assorted items in their weaved baskets.

"We need to get some food sometime. We are running low on a few things," Alya told Nino before letting out a long yawn

While the two conversed, I perk up at a faintly familiar scent. My smell is not as good as when I am Chat Noir but I have noticed this sense has grown stronger over the years. I am at least able to pick out different smells. I have been to this market many times and know every smell like the back of my hand. Yet, this one smell stands out from the rest. It is not one from the market but I have inhaled it only once before.

From the night I sat on the rooftop near that rich woman's mansion. This is definitely the same scent and I might be able to track it to its host.

"Adrien, do you want to grab something to eat?"

I shoot my attention away from the smell and over to Nino. I glance in the direction the smell is flowing then return my gaze to the couple. This might be my only chance to find whoever spied on me. But I cannot just abandon Alya and Nino after not seeing them for such a long time. I did miss their presence and who knows when the next time we will be able to do this again.

"Adrien?" Alya questioned, raising an eyebrow. Letting out a breath and putting on a small smile, I finally replied, "Sorry, something distracted me. Yes, lunch sounds delightful."

Nino and Alya give me a look. Then, they skeptically revert back to the conversation with me. I am relieved they did question me any further. Yet, the smell did not stray away from my mind.

Whoever was spying on me from that night comes to this market. This is good information to know. I will be able to track them some other time. Right now, I will hang out with my closest friends until we do not see each other for a long while.