55

{+}{+}{+}

Ladybug's P.O.V

"Pegasus, I need you to teleport to headquarters and watch out for the Akuma. In case it does attack, you will protect Gabriel Agreste and call us. Vesperia, you will join him," I ordered.

"The rest of us will split into teams and search. If you do spot the creature, contact every one and we will try to stop the Akuma. Hopefully, we can stop this battle and end this insanity."

It was not my best plan but it would have to do. I am not entirely sure how to stop this Akuma. I never got the chance to look for the origin of its infection. This was going to be difficult.

"Is there no other way to fight that beast? What about your powers?" Rena Rouge questioned.

I looked down at my yoyo, clutched in my hand and ready for a fight. That was right. When in doubt, I can use my powers. It will hint a way to our victory.

"Once we find the whereabouts of the Akuma, I will use it. If I do it now, I may run out of time due to searching," I explained to Rena before looking at the rest of my friends, "Now is the time we save the poor section."

Everyone displayed a confident look on their faces. They were ready.

"I wish you all the best," Pegasus sincerely said, opening a portal, "Voyage!"

Vesperia and Pegasus disappeared into the portal. The rest of us split into teams of two: Multimouse and Bunnyx, Rena and Carapace, and me and Chat Noir.

Chat Noir and I raced across the rooftops, keeping a vigilant eye out for anything suspicious.

"Ladybug," the blonde called, earning my attention. He seemed very troubled by something.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I do not understand. Gabriel Agreste is an evil man. He should be executed for his crime—for killing Master Fu! Yet, you do not see the same as I do. You talked to him as if he were an innocent bystander and not a criminal tyrant, who murdered our master. Why?" Chat Noir asked, desperate for a reason.

He is so lost and confused by his hatred for Gabriel that it is blinding him. Chat Noir does not see the full picture and reason the Agreste man did what he did.

Actually, the same feelings I see in Chat right now are the same as Gabriel's. He too is conflicted and so set on one thing that he does not see the full picture.

"I have a theory that his vision is deceiving him and it is leading him to misunderstand the whole concept of magic. He is troubled by something. No one is made evil just because. Some details are still missing about him that made him into who he is and what he believes in," I explained.

"Then, it better be a very good reason," Chat Noir sharply stated. I stopped Chat Noir, staring him straight into his green eyes with concern.

"Chat Noir, please. Do not fall victim to revenge. You will only make yourself feel worse if you act only on your negative feelings," I soothed, "I am not saying he will not pay for his crimes but killing him is not the answer."

   Chat's nose scrunched in bitterness. Yet, he seemed to understand even if he did not like it.

   I cupped the side of his face. Surprised by the touch, his eyes met mine. I softly smiled before realizing what I was doing. I leaped backward and awkwardly fumbled with my fingers.

   "We-We really should st-stop the Akuma before it spreads a-anymore dessert—I mean, destruction!" I corrected myself, feeling embarrassed. My heart thumped in my chest. I had to face away from my partner to hide my flushed cheeks.