Chapter 24

"You seem to be taking this all pretty well." Sam said to me after he found me curled up with a book in the library. 

     I had been living with him for just over a week and if it wasn't for his enormous book collection I would have died from boredom days ago. It wasn't like there wasn't anything to do, he had a personal theater, bowling alley, swimming pool, a beautiful garden, and a huge gaming room. It was the lack of social interaction that had me down. Sam slept at night and was up with me during the day, but he spent most of the time in his office. Amee slept during the day to be alert at night in case the weres decided to be stupid and try something at night. 

     I was relentless in asking both Amee and Sam, and even Brian on the few occasions I ran into him why I was so important to the vamps and the weres. They all told me they had strict orders not to tell me. It was incredibly infuriating and after a few days of no answers my anger took over and I was giving everyone the silent treatment. A few days of that and I realized that I was being childish. 

     Don't get me wrong, I was still angry as hell, along with all my other emotions that were all over the place. I wasn't about to admit I was being immature so instead of just owning up to it, I went with being slightly less childish and decided to avoid everyone. Which was working pretty well until Sam caught me in the library. 

     I sighed and put the book down on my huge baby bump. "Sam, I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. If it is sarcasm, please just stop. I can't handle it right now. No, I'm not taking this well at all. I'd rather get lost in a book than face my reality right now."

     I shocked myself with my outburst and then started crying. I was ugly crying, fucking hormones. I'm so tired of crying and being angry. 

     Sam sat down next to me and pulled me into a hug and tucked my head into his shoulder. He put one arm around my back and the other he used to hold my head close. I felt safe and protected but that didn't stop by breakdown. 

     "I'm weeks away from having a baby and I should be happy but I'm not. I'm terrified of what our life is going to be like, always on the run from her father and his pack. He didn't even want her in the first place!"

     I'm crying so hard I don't even know if Sam can understand me, but I don't care. I need this breakdown, I can only be so strong before I break into a million pieces.

      "I'm supposed to be married and living the life of my dreams but it has all fallen apart. I don't have my house that I built, I don't have the husband that I loved, I don't have the job I worked so hard for. I didn't even get to say goodbye to Bill and Ruth, I don't even know what you told them."

     Sam said nothing, he just kept rubbing my back. It comforted me and irritated me at the same time. And then I was irritated that I was irritated and it made me cry harder. 

     "I find out the monsters I've feared all my life are real, because why wouldn't they be? Not only that but they both want me and nobody will fucking tell me why. I know why they want my daughter, but I'm nobody." 

     I pulled back from Sam a little. The look of understanding on his face pissed me off for some reason. When I started my rant again I was nearly shouting.

     "Everything makes me mad or makes me want to cry and I am so over this! I don't want to be pregnant anymore. I just want her out so I can have my body back. All my emotions are so much stronger. If I'm not mad or crying then I'm eating and peeing or sleeping. And what makes me really mad is I keep reading how pregnancy makes many women not have any interest in sex but I'm horny all the time! Do you know how confusing it is to be crying like this and wanting you so bad I can't stand it at the same time? It's infuriating, and then I'm just mad and horny!"

      I didn't mean to unload all that on Sam, and I definitely didn't mean to tell him that I wanted him. I felt my cheeks turning red from embarrassment. To make matters worse Sam was laughing. The jerk had the nerve to laugh at me. 

     "Shut up, it isn't funny. I'm falling apart and all you can do is laugh at me." At least I wasn't crying anymore. 

     "I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh." Sam said with a straight face. I tried to turn away from him but he used his vampire strength to pull me onto his lap. I was stradling him, one leg on each side. I couldn't help but thinking how intimate this position is. 

     His smooth voice calmed me down a little. "Most of the things that are upsetting you will be fixed with time. There's one thing that I can help you with now. Just say the word and I'm yours." 

     My heart started racing. Was I ready for this? Sam was watching my face, waiting patiently. I knew I wasn't in love with him, but I also knew it wouldn't take much for me to fall. 

      I felt no hesitation or fear, I wanted this. "The word." I said with a smirk.

       Sam was briefly confused before he smiled and pulled me closer. I was impatient though and found myself leaning into him. Our lips met and my world exploded. 

       We explored each other with our mouths and hands. Sam was hesitant at first and kept his hands by my waist while I wasn't shy about running my hands over his chest and through his soft hair. 

         As our kiss depend his hands finally started exploring. A moan escaped my throat when he cupped my breasts and found my nipples. My whole body felt likeit was on fire and I was out of patience. 

      I pulled his shirt up until we had to break the kiss to get it over his head. We wasted no time resuming and depening the kiss, both of us feeding off each other's need until we were both frantically pulling at each other's clothes, trying unsuccessfully to get them off in our position. 

     Sam manuvered me onto my back on the couch with him on top, being careful of my protruding stomach. It made it easierto get the sweatpants I was wearing off. I was down to just my undergarments and as he reached for my panties he hesitated. 

       "Are you sure?" He asked me.

      "Yes. Please Sam, just do it." I begged. 

       "How romantic." He laughed and in half a second my panties were gone. 

       His lips were on mine again and I reached for his belt. I could feel him hard and ready through his pants and I knew I was wet with anticipation. I felt his hand exploring again and as soon as his fingers found my clit I forgot that I was trying to get his pants off. 

          He broke his mouth away from mine and took my nipple into his mouth as he put his fingers inside me. After months of abstinence this was a sensory overload and I knew I wasn't going to last long. 

          He released my nipple from his mouth and blew on it before moving to the other one. I could feel my orgasm coming to push me over the edge, getting closer with every thrust of his fingers. 

          "Sam," I gasped, "I'm going to come."

         His reply was to bite down on my nipple, while increasing the speed he was finger fucking me. When he rubbed his palm on my clit, I came undone. The orgasm hit me hard, electricity flowing in my veins while everything but Sam and I ceased to exist. 

         I was still panting when I became aware of my surroundings again. Sam was watching me, waiting patiently for me to come back to reality. I smiled at him. 

          "Your turn," I said, reaching for his belt again. Now that I could actually see what I was doing I had it and his pants undone in record time. I heard Sam take in a sharp breath when I reached into his boxers and released his hard cock. 

            I had just started rubbing it when we heard the library's door open. "Sam? Brian said you might be- oh." Mark said as he processed what we were doing. "I'll be in your office." He left too fast for my eyes to follow.

           With a groan Sam put his head on my shoulder. Since Mark is basically Sam's boss, I knew play time was over. 

         "Fuck" sam growled. 

          My thoughts exactly.