Chapter 31 Vivienne

A/N I'm sorry I didn't update as promised. It snowed a lot here and I had to spend my free time shoveling my huge sidewalks and taking my husky for walks so he wouldn't escape the backyard to go play in the snow. Those of you who have huskies know what I mean lol. Anyway, this is the last chapter, and I'm going to warn you that it is sad, and it might be triggering for some. Don't hate me, I had to write it this way for the second book to work. I'm going to try my best to post the prologue and sneak peak today as well.

     "You must have done something wrong. It's been almost a month and she's still not awake. It's never taken this long." I heard Amee say, as I was waking up.

     I was lying in a bed and I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I tried to open my eyes but my eyelids were too heavy. Instead I turned my head toward the sound of Amee's voice. 

     "Shhhh. I'm sleeping." I shushed her. 

     "Viv! Hang on, I'll be right back." I heard footsteps head out of the room and relaxed. I was planning on going back to sleep but another voice prevented that. 

     "I'm glad you're awake Viv." Sam said. 

      "I don't want to be. I feel like I could sleep forever." I told him. 

      "Amee went to get you something that will help. I hear her coming back up the stairs, don't go back to sleep yet."

     "Coffee?" I asked. 

      Sam laughed. "Not exactly, but it's better than coffee."

      "Okay." I said. All my energy was drained and I didn't care about asking any more questions. I heard footsteps coming back into the room. A cup was put by my face and I felt a straw brush my lips. 

     "Drink this." Amee said. 

     "I took the straw in my mouth and with the last of my strength I took a sip. Flavor exploded in my mouth. Whatever it was, I had never tasted it before. I couldn't even begin to describe how delicious it was. I was so surprised that I opened my eyes. I squinted at the light that was too bright. 

     Before I realized it, I had finished whatever it was Amee had fed me, and the sound the straw made when the liquid was gone signaled me to stop. 

     "What was that?" I asked. I was starting to feel better. The ache in my body was receding and I felt more energetic by the second. 

     "Blood." Amee said. 

     "I swear to God Amee I'll kick you out." Sam scolded her.

     "What? She asked and I felt like it would be a good icebreaker." Amee shrugged. 

     I was fully awake and aware now. "That did not taste like blood, so I'm guessing I'm a vampire now?" Out of habit I rubbed my belly, surprised to find that it was flat. "Where's my baby?"

     "What's the last thing you remember?" Sam asked. 

     I thought about it. "You were taken. Mark saved you. He was driving and you bit me. Then we crashed. I don't remember anything after that." 

     Sam nodded. "We rolled multiple times and you weren't buckled up. Quite a few of your bones were broken, including your back and skull. You were dying Viv. I already had permission to turn you and you said you wanted to be, so just before you died, I turned you." He looked worried.

     I swallowed, suddenly feeling apprehensive. I didn't miss that neither of them had answered my question. "Where's my daughter." I whispered. My heart sank into my stomach waiting for the answer that I knew was coming. Those fucking mutts had her.