unrequited love • ryuguji ken

angsttttt

________________

"yo draken-kun!!" y/n yelled from afar,meeting her long time crush. he stayed silent and just nodded as a greeting,which made the girl a little bit sad. however,the  smile stayed on her face as if she didn't want draken to see that she was sad.

"wanna eat with me?-" draken asked. the girl was surprised,did her crush just asked her to eat with him?! her face started to heat up and draken saw this, "i mean- wanna eat with me and emma?"

her heart broke into a million pieces, 'of course it has something to do with emma-chan....afterall,he likes her...' she thought but kept the smile on her face. "ah- okay!!" the two sooner headed towards Emma's apartment.

"oh! draken and y/n!! welcome!" emma smiled and pulled draken into a hug,while the h/c haired female stayed silent. she saw draken smile and hugged her back, which just made her more jealous. the three sooner ate lunch together, though it felt like the h/c haired female was invisible.she scoffed quietly and watched draken and emma eat happily.

the girl suddenly coughed,making the two stop talking. "a- sorry- *cough* im going to the- "cough* bathroom- *cough*" she covered her mouth and ran towards the bathroom. once she made it there,she took off the hand on her mouth and saw blood. she continued to cough again and saw that she was coughing petals.

'what is.. this...?why am i coughing petals?!' she thought,scared at her disease. though,she didn't want to tell anyone,since she don't want anyone to worry.

weeks passed and her 'disease' have gotten worse,and yet no one has suspected it, except Mikey. he would always see the girl going to the bathroom and once he follow her, he'll hear coughs from the other side.

she continued to cough,more blood and petals spitting on her mouth. tears formed into her eyes,which sooner fell with the blood and petals. she felt like she couldn't breathe,and somehow she always coughs when she sees emma and draken together.

and weeks passed again,her condition was getting worse,and more people had notice it. until,today.

*cough*

*cough*

*cough*

*cough*

blood almost covered her whole mouth,and petals were scattered all around her outfit. she couldn't breathe anymore,but she still tries. on the other hand,emma and draken were sitting on a near bench,waiting for y/n to come back from the bathroom.

"she always goes to the bathroom when she hangs out with us" Emma was worried,though draken couldn't care less.

that's until,he saw chifuyu running towards them. "emma-chan! draken-kun!" he yelled at them. "what?"

"y/n! she's coughing blood and petals! come with me immediately!" he said. Emma's eyes widened,she knew about this disease,and was scared that her friend has it. they quickly ran towards the bathroom and saw y/n coughing petals and blood,while mikey was there to assist her.

"y/n!!!" the blonde girl yelled.

"hey.. *cough*.. emma..." she smiled to her quickly.

"does anyone know about this disease?! someone?!" mikey cried, holding the girl on his arms.

"i- i know! its called hanahaki disease! where the victim of unrequited love or one-sided love starts to cough up petals of a flowering plant growing in their lungs! the only solution to cure it is to confess to her crush!!" emma yelled,and everyone's gasps were heard. "you hear that y/n?! c'mon! confess to your crush please!" mikey looked at her with such a worry look on his eyes.

"even if i do...*cough*I'll die anyways...and it'll be embarassing.." she lightly laughed and a cough was heard after.

"please y/n! please!" mikey begged her,in which she just sighed. "fine...*cough*"

"i love you,draken. *cough* and it hurts that *cough* you don't love me back.." she said before peacefully closing her eyes,and her tears stopped falling on her eyes. everybody was surprised.

"y/n....." draken looked down the floor and everybody started crying,including emma. "im sorry y/n!" she cried.

"im sorry i couldn't love you back...."