Rain || Chapter 36

Y/N's POV:

It's raining outside. the air is cold outside, and in the house. Like seriously, does Quackity not know how to turn on he heater in his own house?! Honestly, he probably doesn't. 

I made my way downstairs and turned it on because I felt like an ice cube. Suddenly, I felt like a regular human being again at room temperature.

I made my way back up the stairs to Alex's bedroom door and gave it a knock.

"What do you want..?" I heard him say even though it sounded very muffled through the door.

"Good Morning!" I said in response.

"..morning." He said opening the door, "what time is it?"

"Uh.." I said checking my phone,"It's 9:47!"

"Aren't you publishing your first YouTube video today?" He asked me.

"Yeah! It's gonna premiere at 10:00."

I'm finally publishing that video of Ranboo, Tubbo, Tommy and I's YLYL when i unexpectedly got added to the DreamSMP. It was supposed to be published 2 weeks ago, but I'm a pretty slow editor when it comes to video editing. Quackity is also publishing the lore we recorded together after my video is done premiering. We filmed it a while ago, but he's not the fastest editor either.

"Well, I'm gonna make pancakes. Unless you want them from the pizza store." I joked.

"Shut the fuck up." He said in his groggy morning voice. I like it.

"..Alright! Well, I'll be downstairs in the kitchen.." I said pausing in realization, "Do you have any ingredients to even cook?"

"like what?"

"Flour, sugar, milk, eggs. Do you have stuff like that?" I asked.

"I think I should have all that stuff. The flour bag is probably un-opened though," He mentioned, "you might wanna check the expiry date on that one."

"Gotcha! You'll know where I'll be!" I said leaving to his kitchen.

I gotta say for someone who doesn't cook, he has a nice kitchen.  I grabbed the ingredients I needed, and sure enough, the flour wasn't expired! I rummaged through almost all the drawers looking for measuring cups when I realized, this man doesn't have measuring cups! I just have to estimate now with a normal spoon

10 scoops of flour...

4 scoops of sugar...

1 egg?...

Some milk...

mix...

pour onto pan...

cook...

and after a while, i was done! they look a little off.. but i think it's fine. In all fairness I was measuring with a spoon.

"ALEX! Pancakes are ready!" I yelled to him upstairs.

"Coming!" He said running down, "Ooh, these look delicious!"

"I dunno.. I might have messed it up since you don't have measuring cups but-"

"These are fucking good!" He said with his mouth full.

I laughed, "wait, really?"

"Yeah! Try some yourself!" He encouraged.

"okay.." I said eating some of my own pancakes, "Hmm! This is better than I thought!"

"Your a good cook Y/N." Alex told me with his mouth all full, "I never knew that about you."

"Eh, I'm okay at cooking." I said, "I learned from Tommy's mom. She taught me how to cook so I could cook myself food whenever I wasn't at their place."

"Why couldn't your mom or dad just cook?" He asked. 

The room went silent. 

"..Did I say something wrong?" He asked, "Did they die?"

"No! They didn't die. I thought I told you this already.."

He looked at me confused, "Told me what?" 

"Let's just say my parents divorced when I was young." I started, "And my dads a busy business man. He was, and still is almost always out of town. Since my mother is gone, I would be alone. I learned to take care of a house by myself. I must have been 10 at the time-"

"TEN?!" He exclaimed, "You basically owned your own house at ten?! Is that even legal?"

"Technically, yes. Tommy's parent would always come by and my dad always came back every few months." I answered, "But I would usually be at Tommy's place more than my own. Until I got older and I could handle a house. Obviously I was able to at ten but it was easier at fifteen."

"..wow. I had know idea that's what your life was like..."

"Yeah, Tommy's parents are like my parents to me. And Tommy is like my little brother.. they're like my family I never had..."

the room went silent again.

"...so uh, pancakes are good." He said breaking the silence making me die of laughter.

"Wanna watch a movie while are videos premiere?" I suggested.

"Yeah, sure." He said.

~~~

I think we're half way through the movie now. Not sure though, movies can be pretty long and I'm too lazy to grab the remote across the table to see how much longer there is. It's just too far. 

The rain makes the day so tiring. it makes me sleepy. Right now me and Quackity's lore thing is streaming. I want to see it, but i'll re-watch later I'm too lazy.

Speaking of Quackity, he's next to me right now. He's just sitting there watching the movie while trying to keep his eyes open. I guess he's tired too.

"I feel like I'm gonna fucking fall asleep any minute now.." He admitted.

I laughed a little, "I can tell."

He put down a pillow and tried to sleep but all he did was toss and turn. He tried moving the pillow, but he was still so uncomfortable. It's really funny to watch.

Then he finally gave up and layed his head on my lap. At first i was a bit shocked, but then i smiled.

"your lap is so much more comfortable," He said looking up at me, "..that sounds weird."

I rolled my eyes and looked back over at the movie. And next thing you know, Alex is already asleep. I guess he really was tired. 

Throughout the movie, he kept changing his position, he'd curl into a ball, turn to the right move is head down, until at one point, he turned over to left and his beanie fell off. 

I tried not to laugh so that I didn't wake him up. I combed my fingers though his hair. It was soft. His hair doesn't even look bad, if anything it suits him. 

He re-adjusted himself a little, still sleeping and smiled.

"i love you Y/N..." He said so softly.

At this point I realized, I need some glasses. Quackity has been the one for me all along but I've just been too blind to see. He's loved me since the start. And I did too, but I changed my mind for Karl, a guy who has told me he only likes me as a friend yet I still tried when I have someone who does like me right here. Someone who does love me and is nice and funny too.

"...i love you too quackity"