You're a Strange fellow

~Flashback ~

"You're late. Did something happen?" The guy questioned as the girl finally arrived at their meeting place, a small meadow with a single tree. Not far from the guy's tribe.

"Yes. I'm sorry for being so late. Your fellow tribe members almost caught me coming over," She breathed, brushing her long, white hair out of her face, untangling a few knots and letting out a long sigh, looking up at him with furrowed brows. "Sneaking over to see you hasn't been easy. I'm sorry. I promise I'll be better-"

"Don't apologize. You've done nothing wrong," He breathed, taking her hands. "I...I'm sorry. I was just... a little worried you wouldn't come."

She paused, looking down at his hands. They were warm and gentle. She then looked up at him and smiled, looking into his two beautiful blue eyes which reminded her of a big, peaceful river filled with life and love. Filled with peace and happiness. When she looked into those eyes she could imagine water drops journeying from the glaciers in the mountain tops and following the natural flow as the river carried them where they were meant to go, to the ocean where they could become a part of something bigger.  

It was like she could see the whole world just in his eyes. Those might have been one of her favorite parts about him.

Well, that, and his personality. "You're a strange fellow... you know that?" She pointed out.

"Oh?" He responded, lightly giggling. "How so? Because I'm from the Tribe of Darkness?" 

"No..." She replied. "I mean, yes. You're from the tribe, but unlike the rest of them, you still want to see me. You.... don't seem afraid of what I am."

"Well, I don't care what you are." He quickly replied, gently squeezing her hands and smiling, then letting go to brush a strand of long, white hair from the side of her face and behind her ear. "I just wanted to see you. Is that... is that so wrong?" He asked, voice soft as if he was mesmerized by her.

She paused, then smiled, feeling a light blush sprinkle onto her face as she leaned into his gentle hand as it caressed the side of her face. "No. It's not wrong... I wanted to see you too."

The guy smiled a goofy smile, then let go and sat down with his back to the tree, taking a breath and running his hands through his messy blue hair.

The girl just stared at him for a moment, thinking to herself. Debating whether she was brave enough to do what she wanted to do. Eventually, she decided yes. She would be brave enough. So, she walked up to him.

"Blumiere... Do you mind if I sit next to you?" She asked.

He looked up at her, then smiled a relieved smile as if he was waiting for her to ask this.

He held out his hand to her in a comforting manner. "Please do, Timpani. And tell me more about yourself. I wish to know everything!"