Test Drive

(AN: The music is optional, but this chapter sounds SO COOL with it, XD. Also, I just love this music. If you choose to listen, I'll tell you when to start it! Also, this is the longest chapter, so I'm sorry about that XD)

~ L̴u̷i̸g̸i̷ ̸P̶O̵V̶ ~

"So what happens next," I asked Mr. L as he nervously floated back and forth as if he was pacing.

"I don't know..." He admitted, still pacing. "I was dead by now last time."

"Oh.... well, cool then. So what's the plan?" I asked, holding up the lock pick. "I break us out, and we go and have another talk with Dimentio?"

It didn't work last time, but I was out of ideas. It's hard to think of things when stressed out like this.

Mr. L seemed to pause, looking at the shiny pick in my hand. I think we both knew that that particular plan wouldn't work. And if worse came to worse, I definitely couldn't go out there by myself and try taking Dimentio on. I've never actually fought anyone in my life! If I were to go back out there, I'd probably only end up down here again. We both knew we'd need another plan. We'd need backup. I could tell he was thinking it too.

".... We need something big to beat him." Mr. L eventually said. "Not to kill him, but to stop him from doing what he's doing."

"Cool!" I chimed. "I don't know how to make something big though....." I paused and thought for a moment. "We need backup. We need help. But... I don't know where Peach and Mario are."

I paused, bringing my hand to my chin as I tried thinking of a solution. "Hey... wait a minute... back in your world, you were locked away in the Underwhere, right?" I asked, holding the lockpick up and tilting my head at Mr. L.

"Me? Yeah... Why?" He questioned, cocking his head to the side.

An idea formed.

".... I know where to go," I replied, taking the lockpick and picking the lock, swinging the door open. "Tell me how to get to the Underwhere."

"Well... the fastest way is dying, but I'm sure you don't want to do that. I'm pretty sure you could leave Castle Bleck, or, er- whatever they call this place now, get to Flopside, cross over to Flipside, and take one of the dimensional doors. But why..." Mr. L questioned. "The Underwhere isn't all that relevant to the story anymore.

"I'm getting backup! That way, we can make something big AND get Dimentio to forgive you and set everything right!" I beamed. "Now help guide me to the exit!"

_______

"And the door should be just right there," Mr. L explained as I darted through the last hallway, careful not to be seen. Once I spotted the large door to the castle I let out an almost relieved sigh.

This plan might actually work!

"Okay!" I beamed, reaching for the doorknob when the door suddenly swung open from the other side as if someone was coming in from the outside, slamming the door into me and pushing me against the wall, which hurt a lot more than it sounds.

"Ow..." I muttered, trapped between the now open door and the hard, cold walls of the castle.

But Mr. L immediately shushed me as we heard the sound of voices. Familiar voices. "....Don't...say... a word," Mr. L hissed. 

I nervously nodded, staying silent and staying still, hoping and praying that whoever it was wouldn't hear me.

"So here we are at last... Countess Tippi's castle." A voice I didn't recognize started.