I Guess This Is Farewell

Dimentio sighed and snapped his fingers, bringing the Countess and his former teammates all back to the inner sanctum, all of them looking around in confusion.

"Wait.... we won?" Peach questioned, slowly stepping forward, still holding her stomach in pain.

"We won...?" Mario and King Boo echoed, Mario slowly standing back up while King Boo raised his head, not bothering to waste any more energy than necessary.

"No, he won," Dimentio clarified, gesturing to Luigi, then reading through the dark book, looking for the correct page.

Daisy slowly sat up, rubbing her head, utterly confused as to what was going on, similar to everyone else in the room. Most of the heroes were confused why and how Luigi showed up to fight at the last minute with Ms. D at his side, but it led to their victory, so they weren't going to ask questions. Team Tippi as well as wondering how the heck Ms. D got there, but doing some simple math they could assume that Dimentio must have lied about her death or something of the sort.

And the Countess herself simply didn't care. Instead, she immediately rushed over to Bleck, who was still watching over an unconscious Pierre. "Blu!" She cried, sliding down to her knees and hugging him for a moment, then slowly letting go and looking at Pierre.

Just like before... he still resembled Blumiere. Sure, his skin and hair were no longer a vibrant, lively blue color, but he still looked so much like him. A similar facial structure, a similar body type, they clearly resembled each other. 

Even while unconscious, he still refused to let that soft smile go. He didn't look in pain at all. He just looked, calm. Like he was having a good dream.

"Is... is he alright...?" Tippi asked, frowning slightly.

"I...I think so," Bleck whispered. "I just... can't believe he... all this time," 

The pixl sighed and shook his head, looking down. "I hope he wakes up," He whispered. "I... know I should feel upset at him for not telling me after all these years... but I just hope he's okay."

"Wait, so what the heck is going on?!" Mimi exclaimed. "The Chaos Heart isn't destroyed, and Dimmy's here, I'm so confused..." She trailed off

"Long story short," Dimenito breathed, not looking up from the book. "I switched some things around, and now I'm gonna set them back. You will all be sent back to another world, going back to the roles you belong in." 

"ANOTHER WORLD?!" Mario cried, voice somewhat harsh due to him being injured. "W-What do you mean?!"

"He means," Luigi answered, "That we're not from here. We all... kinda got swapped."

"Well, not everyone," Dimentio clarified. "I only swapped the roles I thought necessary to swap for this to work." He explained.

Everyone else kinda just stood around looking at him, not sure whether to believe any of this or not. On the one hand, it was pretty unbelievable. But on the other, it wasn't impossible. The dark prognosticus had a variety of different chapters, each with its own stories.

But Luigi had one small thought on his mind. Actually, two small thoughts. They had been there for a while and he simply had to know the answers before everything switched back. "B-Before we go... I have a question."

Dimentio briefly looked up at him, but that's not who he was asking. The Prince was actually looking at Mr. L for this one. 

"Will... will I remember any of this when I go back?" He asked.

Mr. L's smile slowly faltered, and Luigi immediately knew his answer. "Not Likely," Dimentio answered. "If you have no memory of your old life, then you should have no memory of this one when you go back as well."

Let's Try This Again, Shall we? (A SPM Swap AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara