The Ultimate Showdown

Bleck just floated there, for once seeing Pierre for who he was. 

It was a stange feeling. The Pixl had spent almost his whole life seeing Pierre as someone completely different. It was like all of his memories of the man were corrupted now. In that moment, he looked back and tried recalling every single memory he had with this man, before and after he had become a Pixl.

Looking back, he supposed there were a few signs, but he would never have guessed that the fun-loving friendly man known as Pierre was HIS FATHER! The man who always lived abide the tribe's rules. The man who always was serious, never even letting himself smile or show any emotion in front of people. How could those two versions of Pierre be the same person?!

He guessed it was the same way Timpani and Tippi could be the same person. Losing someone can really change people and their perspectives on life.

"D....Dad....?" Bleck whispered, looking at Pierre in shock, voice as soft as a pin drop. Most of the heroes could barely even hear him, let alone make out what he had said. "I..." Bleck murmured when the whole scene was interrupted by a burst of echoing laughter.

"My my my, that was QUITE the turn of events, don't you think~?" Chimed a voice. 

Dimentio's voice. Everyone looked up to see Dimentio floating in, slowly clapping as if he was watching a show. "I must say, I certainly didn't see THAT coming! One of the good guys, sacrificing himself for YOU, My Countess? What an adorably HOPELESS gesture."

"Dimentio?" Bleck asked, voice soft at first, then suddenly angry. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!"

The jester just beamed a wicked smile and shrugged as if the situation was humerous.

"Y-You're.... here?!" Peach questioned, looking up at him with wide eyes as the Chaos Heart beat stronger in the middle of the whole room.

"Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Of course. This is my moment! Even if the countess dies, the Chaos Heart won't disappear if I continue to control it! But I needed the power of the Pure Hearts to beat her... I couldn't do that on my own. So I had you do all of the sweaty labor for me. And you even used your Pure Hearts to defeat Countess Tippi! If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one." Dimentio chimed, reusing the same script. Why make a new one when the last worked perfectly well?

"W-What are you saying?!" Bleck nervously questioned, floating closer to where Pierre was lying unconscious. Maybe even dead. It was hard to tell. "You... you... how could you DO this?!" He cried.

He couldn't be dead, right?

The jester smiled evilly down at all of them and shrugged. "I'm saying that you no longer have value to me, so I'm ending your games. They're all yours, M-"

"Mr. L?" A voice asked.

Everyone suddenly whirled around to see who, but prince Luigi, standing in the doorway, crossing his arms and smiling. He was still wearing that green hat, showing a perfect balance of himself from the two worlds.

"Luigi...?" Mario questioned, looking up at the man in green's hat, then back at his eyes. There was confidence in them. There was a strange lack of fear. It was different. It was new.

"Your Highness? What are you doing?!" Daisy questioned, nervously looking around herself. "It's dangerous here. How did you even GET HERE?!"

"Oh, well that's a long story. And I was gonna try to make this EPIC entrance with this giant robot Ms. D lent me," Luigi started, turning and pointing at the door he was standing in front of. "But... the door wasn't big enough. So that was really sad. We prepared a whole speech and everything!"