The Stars Sure are Beautiful

~ Flashback ~

~ Third Person POV ~

"The stars sure are beautiful tonight, aren't they," Timpani breathed, leaning her head onto Blumiere's shoulder.

The boy smiled, looking up at the bright, glowing sky. So many patterns and constellations. It was so big that it made everything else seem so small in comparison.

Things that used to seem huge to him, his father, the tribe, the rules, all of that seemed so tiny and insignificant now. When taking a look at the bigger picture, they didn't even matter.

"You know... there's an old tradition in my tribe. We used to believe that when you wished upon a star, your wish was sure to come true." Blumiere started, watching as comets seemed to stream across the night sky, painting white streaks of starlight across the galaxies.

"Is that so? Well, then we better make a wish," Timpani giggled, softly humming as a sweet, gentle breeze blew, making the leaves of the nearby trees whistle, singing a melody of peace and joy.

Blumiere paused for a moment, then wrapped a gentle arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer.

"Nah. I don't need to wish anymore," He stated with a soft smile.

"Hmm?" Timpani hummed, still leaning into him.

Blumiere just sighed and looked up at the sky as the twinkling stars seemed to dance and sparkle. He had never felt so at peace. He felt like this very moment was exactly where he belonged.

This was a happiness he had only just recently learned of. A happiness he could only find with her. And what more could a person want in life? "I already got my wish," He clarified, turning and looking at her. "I have everything I need right here."

She paused, then smiled up at him, hugging him and burying her face into his shoulder.

"Blumiere, aren't you cold?" Timpani questioned, as he wasn't wearing his cloak that night.

He didn't feel the need to. Just being around her made him feel warm and safe, no matter how cold it may be.

"No," He replied, gently placing a finger under her chin so she was looking at him. Then, he slowly leaned in, looking into her innocent eyes. "I'm very warm. Can we stay like this? Just... a little longer?"