He'll Be Okay

~ Present Time ~

The heroes had finally conquered space, finding the next pure heart. But not before coming in contact and battling with the mysterious Ms. D. 

There was something about her manner that seemed vaguely familiar to them. But, alas, they could not tell who she really was underneath that mask. She was impossible to recognize.

______

Meanwhile, as Castle Tippi, with the defeat of Ms. D, the Countess was growing more and more anxious. Ms. D herself wouldn't admit defeating, claiming that she was simply scouting the heroes out, and left early to better prepare herself for the next time. Although everyone else could clearly tell that she was just trying to maintain her pride in herself.

"Hmmm... 'Though the girl in pink shall wield formidable powers, one shall stand against her. The girl in orange shall use the Chaos Heart's power to bring darkness to all.' .... So it is written in the Dark Prognosticus." Countess Tippi described to the rest of her minions once Ms. D had left the room.

"So what you're saying is...the 'man in green' is our minion-in-training, Mr. L?" Dimentio questioned in full confidence when everyone suddenly turned to look at him, giving him confused glances.

"Mr. L?" Mimi questioned, lightly giggling. "Man in green? Who's that?"

Dimentio's smile immediately faded as he realized what he said. However, this was brief, as his smile returned. The jester shrugged a simple shrug as he tried to play off his mistake. "Oh, it was just a slip of the tongue. I meant Ms. D."

Everyone waited in awkward silence for a moment, making the jester a little nervous. They all gave him suspicious glances when the Countess finally shrugged and turned to Nastasia, moving on from the awkward silence. "Well, anywho, Countess Tippi will be sending you on another Mission, Nastasia."

Nastasia immediately nodded as if this idea excited her, then rushed off without saying another word. Meanwhile, Dimentio nervously fidgeted, wishing to leave as soon as possible. "W-well... Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to be on my way as well. Ciao!"

Without giving anyone time to protest, he teleported away, desperate to leave the scene.

O'Chunks grumbled at being the only one left out of the fun, then left as well, not saying much more. Tippi smiled, then turned to walk off as well when Mimi suddenly cleared her throat to catch the countess's attention. 

"Yes, Mimi?" Tippi asked, pausing and looking down at the small green girl.

"Um, well, I hate to seem like a negative nelly here, but Nassy may not... Actually, even Dimmy, Chunky, AND Ms. D may not be up to this! That hero's gonna collect the Pure Hearts and come here. She's gonna come for you..." Mimi trailed off with a worried tone, frowning up at her.

Tippi paused, then placed a reassuring hand on Mimi's shoulder. "All is according to plan, Countess Tippi assures you," Tippi assured with a small smile in an attempt to calm her.

Mimi seemed to pause, then looked up at Tippi with an almost heartbroken expression. "It's strange. Nobody ever, golly, um, cherished the universe the way you once did... And yet, you're the one who's been made to destroy it..."

Tippi's eyes softened, then she turned her head slightly to the side as if she was looking away. "That's quite enough...Mimi,"

Mimi nodded and looked down, folding her hands together and lowering her voice to a whisper. "I just wish..."