I Was Inspired By Him

~ Present Time ~

"No... Timpani... don't..." Bleck muttered, lying on the ground on top of Flipside tower, shivering as if he was having a horrible nightmare, his voice breaking. "Please... how could you... I don't want this... I... You... Why..."

"Hey! Blecky boy! Snap out of it, will ya?!" Daisy shouted, picking him up, causing him to suddenly snap awake.

"...Huh?" He muttered, looking around in a confused manner. "W-what happened?"

"You appeared to pass out..." Mario explained. "Once we got back from the Overthere. You nearly gave Pierre a heart attack."

"Yeah," King Boo added. "Merlon had to take him back to his house to 'calm him down.' Peach went to put the last heart in the pillar. Are you okay?"

Bleck seemed to pause as if he was trying to remember something. "Um... I'm alright... I'm sorry for startling you..." He trailed off, clearly distracted.

"Timpani... Is that a person's name you were saying? Were you remembering something from your past?!" Mario asked, almost sounding excited.

"....No... It's nothing... Nothing at all..." Bleck murmured.

Everyone exchanged awkward glances when Daisy finally let him go and cleared her throat to break the awkward silence. "So, should we go to the old guy's house? We should probably tell the guy with blue eyes that you're not dead. He was really worried there! It was almost funny!"

"Pierre was worried?" Bleck questioned. "Why...?"

"I don't know. I think he's just the type of person to get worried when someone gets hurt. Let's let him know you're okay!" Daisy chimed, leading the group down to the elevator and to Merlon's house.

Once they arrived they were lucky enough to run into Peach, who just got back from putting the last heart into the pillar. "Oh, hey guys! Bleck, I'm glad to see you're up!" She chimed, smiling at the Pixl.

"Thank you," Bleck breathed. "It's good to see you, Peach."

The blonde smiled in response as Daisy knocked on Merlon's door. However, before she could even finish, the ancient opened it with a concerned look in his yellow eyes.

"Yes?" He asked.

Daisy stood on her tiptoes and peered around him to see Pierre on the other side of the room, facing away from the door and trembling, keeping his hood up and nervously biting at his nails. 

"Is... he okay?" Daisy questioned.

"He'll be just fine," Merlon assured, eyes softening. "He's just a little worried about Bleck."

"Why?" Bleck asked, causing Pierre to suddenly whirl around, a hopeful expression in his blue eyes. 

"Bleck?!" He asked, a glimmer of hope in his voice. As soon as he spotted the Pixl, his eyes went wide, his voice rising in pitch, the joyous feeling returning to it. "BLECK! YOU'RE OKAY!" He cried, blue tears welling up in his eyes.

"Are you crying?" Bleck asked as Pierre stood on the other side of the room, vibrating slightly.

"...No," Pierre squeaked, sniffling and smiling the biggest smile, even though no one could see it. "I'm just... so happy you're okay."

"Yes, yes. We're all grateful. But I fear for all the poor people of this world who must continue to look at the sky and worry. We must act quickly and ease their hearts and minds!" Merlon exclaimed.

Bleck looked at Merlon and paused, stilling and going silent as if he was deep in thought.

"What's wrong?! W-what troubles you, Bleck?" Pierre asked, stepping closer, eyes still expressing how grateful and relieved he was. His voice was soft and gentle, however. Lacking in the energy it usually held.