And Everything Was Okay

~ Third Person POV ~

~Flashback ~

"WHAT?!" The boy exclaimed, letting go of the girl's hands and stepping back, covering his mouth in shock. "No. What are you thinking?! That's impossible! No one would allow it!"

She looked at the monocle which now covered his bad eye. He mainly wore it just to cover the horrible scar up so no one would have to look at it.  His own father could barely look him in the eye anymore.

"If we can't be happy here, then we need to find a place that will accept our love. Someplace we can be together." The girl explained, grabbing his arm and looking at his face. 

She on the other hand didn't care. She didn't care what he looked like. She loved him just as much, with or without the scar. After all, it was still him on the inside. Nothing could change that. No matter how many scars he bore. He'd always be the man she wanted to be with.

"D-Does such a place even exist?!" He questioned. "Think about it. What if we get caught?! What if they punish me more?! Or worse, what if they go after you?! I can't risk having you get hurt too."

"And I can't risk being without you. If there's no place for us, then we'll spend our lives searching for one. Together." She exclaimed, gesturing to the sky. "We won't let fate be decided for us. We'll make our own. Together. You and me!"

The guy paused, as the girl slowly smiled, then got down on one knee, grabbing both his hands. "So please. Blumiere, I can't imagine living my life without you. Please Marry me. I promise I'll do my best every day to make you happy! We'll find a place where you never have to be hurt again! We'll find a place where we could be anything! We could do anything! We could be happy!"

Blumiere just stared at her for a moment, shaking his head. "You... don't know when to give up, do you? Of all the crazy.... Stubborn... foolish people..."

"Blumiere, please answer me," Timpani begged, smile not faltering. 

She really was crazy for him.

He paused, then kneeled down so he was at the same level as her, looking into her big, beautiful innocent eyes. "Timpani... I love you. More than I've ever loved anything. So... take me away. Take me away to a world where we can be happy."

She let out a relieved sigh, then leaned forward and pulled him into a soft kiss.

And everything was okay.