four

"Scarlett! It was too long!" Flo exclaims in pure happiness when they pull away from the long hug.

"It really was" My mom agrees with a small laugh as she folds her arms on her chest. Then, she turns her head in my direction and smiles. "Glad you didn't get lost" She jokes and I roll my eyes in playful annoyance.

"Ha ha, you're funny" I huff out, shoving my hands into my pockets. "Why you took so long?" I ask, narrowing my eyes suspiciously at her. She was supposed to take a few minutes, but I had the full conversation with Florence, so she took her time.

"Oh, yes. I saw Rachel and I wanted to say hello to her" She explains and I give her a nod in respond, locking my eyes with Florence's and she smiles shyly at me, my cheeks turn crimson under her gaze. God, she's making me feel things. "So, I assume you both already met?" Mom asks, flicking her eyes from me to the blonde.

"Yeah, Flo spooked me when I was lost in my thoughts for a moment" I reply, shrugging my shoulder nonchalantly, but mom gives me a worried look anyway.

"Again? You're okay, sweetie?" She asks softly, wrapping her arm around my shoulder. I clear my throat awkwardly.

She's slightly overreacting, but I guess I can understand her worries. Lately, I was in my head a lot, just thinking about my future and in which direction I want to go. I also started to think about who my father was. I have no idea why, I just do. Maybe it's because I'm turning 18 soon? Who the hell knows that, to be honest.

"I'm okay, don't worry. Flo talked with me a little and she wants to go with me for new ukulele soon" I share with her, trying to change the subject swiftly. I see behind her eyes a small battle if she should continue this or not.

"Oh really? That's nice" She says, deciding to not dig deeper into this, for now at least. Before anyone can say anything more, Flo's phone rings and she smiles apologetically.

"I need to take it, but I'll text you, yeah?" She directs her question in my way, so I nod with a timid smile and she leaves quickly.

"Text you, mhm?" Mom teases knowingly and I feel my face heats up slightly.

"Yes, it's easier this way. That's why phones exist, mom" I mock, hoping she'll stop teasing me about her. It's not my fault that Florence causing a gay panic.

"Ha ha, hilarious. Just don't engage too much, she's here to work and not to mess with your head, Bella, alright?" She warns me seriously, making my shoulders slump in defeat. Why she has to bring my mood down so quick? I just had the best conversation in my life with a celebrity crush and she does this.

"Calm down, I don't even know what you're talking about. We were just talking" I respond flatly, using my acting abilities, so she wouldn't see how her words affected me.

In moments like these, I feel like such a baby. She's one of the best mom I could imagine for myself, but she has a fixation on my love life. She was always very wary about new people in my life, worrying about using me for fame or money. Especially when I broke up with my boyfriend last yeas. She got even more careful. That's why I have only one real friend from school and acquaintances from working on sets.

"I'm serious Isabelle, I like Florence, but you're my daughter and I don't need drama right now, so please stop whatever you're doing with her and just enjoy the summer" She tells me and I can say she's fucking serious. I instantly huff out annoyed at her words.

"Are you serious right now?" I step back from her with furrowed brows. "I don't know why you're saying stuff like that, but I'm gonna go and call Mia" I snapped at her, shaking my head angrily and leaving as fast as can, stopping any further conversation with her. She calls my name once, but when I don't turn around, she gets quiet and lets me go.