thirty five

Almost an hour later, I get back to my room with a cast in the sling. Mom is first to help me sit on the bed from the wheelchair and I shoot her a grateful smile.

"Everything's okay, sweetheart?" Mom asks me, gently stroking my hair when I shift on the bed to sit comfortably.

"It hurts like a bitch" I grumble, earning a scolding look from my mom. "Sorry"

"It's okay, I'll let it slide just once and only because you're hurt" Mom teases, making me chuckle slightly. "When can you leave?"

"I need to stay another hour and after that I'm free to leave" I inform them and they both nod. "Can I lay down for the hour? I'm tired"

"Yeah, of course, sweetie. I'm gonna call Colin really quick and I'll be back, okay? Do you want something from the bar?" Mom replies with an assuring smile.

"Water?" After my response, she looks at Flo, but she shakes her head, so with a kiss on my forehead, she leaves the room. "Can you lay with me?" I ask shyly the blonde.

"Of course, love. Scoot over" She responds easily with a smile and after I move, she lays down next to me.

She opens her arms for me, so I rest my head against her chest, snuggling into her as much I can. Flo holds me tightly and kisses my temple sweetly. I lift my head a little and pout. She giggles and pecks my lips a few times. I hum in content and snuggle my head into her neck.

I close my eyes, trying to rest before I'll need to leave, but Flo's words from earlier don't want to leave my head. I bite my lip in thoughts.

"Flo?" I call out quietly, gaining her attention instantly.

"Yeah?" She whispers, playing with my fingers in my right hand.

"I heard what you said to me" I begin, but she doesn't say anything, probably not knowing what I mean. "When you thought I was asleep. The day after our night" I clarify and her movements freeze.

"Y-You did?" She stutters out with a shaky breath.

"Mhm" I hum, confirming it. "I love you too, ya know? So much" I say finally, lifting my head again to see her face. She looks at me with wide eyes.

"Really?" She questions surprised, making me frown a little.

"Of course, I do. How could I not?" I smile at her reassuringly. "I love you" I repeat, brushing my lips against her and making her smile.

"I love you too, darling" She whispers back and connects our lips together in a soft, sweet kiss. We pull away after a few seconds, not wanting to be caught by my mom in so intimate moment. I blush a little under her loving gaze and with a kiss on the check I hide my head into her neck again. A comfortable silence falls between us.

Almost three hours later, I'm in Flo's house, sitting on the couch comfortably. Mom left a few minutes ago after she fussed about me staying with my girlfriend and not her for over thirty minutes. Eventually, she agreed to this because it's only a week and she trusts Florence.

"Flo?" I call her out from my spot. Her head pokes up from the kitchen with a concerned look.

"Yes, love? Everything's okay?" She asks worriedly.

"Yeah, I just feel filthy. You know, after the fall and stuff?" I trial off slightly and she nods for me to continue. "C-Can... Can you help me to shower?" I ask timidly with a light blush. She smirks at me with a grin.

"I mean... I won't say no to shower together" She flirts and I roll my eyes.

"Get your head out of the gutter, you ass!" I exclaim jokingly. "I'm hurt, remember?" I inquire, showing her my arm with cast.