twenty two

June 14, 2018 New York

"I can't believe it was our last day of school! The whole two months of nothing!" I exclaim excitedly, leaving the school's building. I spin around with the biggest grin and feel an arm sneaking around my waist. I gasp quietly when someone presses me against their front and I'd get scared, but I could recognize the scent everywhere.

"Hey, baby" Kai, my boyfriend for a year, murmurs in my ear before he swirls me and crashes his lips on mine in a bruising kiss. I whine at his aggressiveness, but try my best to kiss him back.

"Hi! You're free already?" I ask him when he finally pulls away and steps back from me. I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers together, swaying them playfully.

"Yeah, I'm free. Feels good finally to leave this shitty school" He groans and I giggle.

"Lucky you. Are we going tonight to Mark's party?" I inquire and he takes his hand from me, making me furrow my eyebrows and look at him skeptically. "What's wrong?"

"Em, I promised the boys that I'll go with them to some college party. Noah's older brother invited us" He tells me and I cross my arms against my chest in confusion.

"Then I can go with you. I don't even wanna go to Mark's tonight" I shrug, I don't really see what's his problem, we're usually going to parties together anyway.

"That's the problem, you can't" He breathes out, sounding kinda annoyed or tired.

"What? Why?" I mumble confusedly and he sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Because you're not going to college" He informs me seriously and I chuckle amusedly.

"Yeah, so?"

"So, you can't go. Not my words, it was Noah's"

"You can be serious?!" I whisper-yell to him, placing my hands on my hips.

"Quiet" He hisses. "Boys are looking. I don't need them to see your outburst or whatever"

"My outburst?" I laugh humorlessly. "You're such an ass sometimes, Kai"

"Can you not ruin my first day of summer!" He yells irritated and some people turn around to look at us. Kai calms a bit, not wanting to look lame or whatever, but I don't.

"Oh fuck you! You always do this!" I shout, poking his chest with my index finger. He catches my wrist, gripping it harshly as he looks dead into my eyes.

"Stop making a fucking scene! Call me when you calm down or something, I don't care" He spats, dropping my hand before he leaves to his friends without a second look.

"Fuck you!" I yell after him, not caring how I look, but when I notice some people with phones, I drop my head down and walk to my car quickly.

I enter my car, slamming the door after and throwing my bag on the passenger seat. I hit the steering wheel angrily with tears in my eyes. I cry out loudly, wiping my nose with my sleeve as I try to calm my breathing.

I love my boyfriend, but recently his such a dick every time when his friends are involved. I have no idea why, he just changed a few months ago. His friends became suddenly more important than me, but I let it slide, mostly because like I said, I love him.

He was such a gentleman at first, being friends before getting into a relationship. I know he treats me like shit sometimes, but he's my first love, my first kiss, my first time. My first everything, to be honest. How can I just throw it all away?

Hours later, I'm walking drunkenly with Mia on New York's streets. We're going back to home from Mark's party. I didn't want to come, but Mia convinced me, she said that I can't ruin my first day of vacation because of my shitty boyfriend. She was right even if I wasn't in the mood for a party because I didn't hear from my boyfriend since the argument, a few drinks didn't sound so bad. And at the end, I had a lot of fun at the party. Mark and his squad is pretty cool, not like Kai's friends. He and his stupid football team.