nine

July 18, 2019 London/San Diego

For the last two weeks, Florence and I keep hanging out a lot, almost every day. Sometimes on set, sometimes she invited me to explore London with her and she showed me some nice places. I adore every second of it, but it only increases my crush on the older girl.

And it's not a good thing because she's like 5 years older than me and I'm still only seventeen. I'm not fooling myself and try to think about having any chance with a girl like her, so I'm just trying to enjoy being her friend. It is how it is, I can't help it.

But today is a fun day because we're flying back to US for Comic-Con and tomorrow, I'll finally see my best friend after three long weeks.

"You have everything?" My mom asks me for feels like the hundredth time.

I'm packing some things, we're staying there for four nights after all and I need to look presentable with so many people around for the Comic-Con. And maybe I want to impress Florence a bit. Can you blame me, though? Maybe there is a sick chance that Florence will fall in love with me and we'll be together in so distant future.

"Yes, mom. I answered your question like five times already" I mumble kinda annoyed by now and roll my eyes when she gives me a pointed look. She's such a mom sometimes.

"Oh, shush! C'mon, we need to hurry up" She rushes me and I sigh, but zip my bag before I follow her to the car.

The car starts instantly when we sit comfortably inside the vehicle and we're on our way to the airport. Marvel has theirs panel on Sunday, so we have a few days to enjoy our time together on sunny beach in San Diego.

We rush to the airport, being almost late. I might shower a bit too long this morning, but I needed to look good. We're flying with the whole cast, after all. Everyone is there already, so we are the last one.

The gate to our plane opens almost immediately when we end greeting the cast, so I don't have time to talk with the blonde. Which is sad, but I already made some plans inside my head for this.

Everyone takes the seats and I sit next to mom, Flo and Rachel in front of us and the rest are sitting near us. And when the plane lifts into the air, I turn to my mom and ask her if Flo can change the seats with her. She gives me a curious look with a slight smirk, but agrees, so I ask Flo if she wants to sit with me and she nods eagerly with an adorable smile. I know she didn't mind sitting with Rachel, but I think she feels more comfortable around me, which is cool with me totally.

"Hello to you" Flo breathes out as she plops down on my left.

"Hi, Flossie" I whisper to her sweetly, trying not be hearable by my mom in front.

She literally hears everything and I don't want to give her any reason to teasing me later. She thinks that I'm adorable with my small crush on Flo, but she really doesn't understand how serious it is.

"We have a few hours to spare, what do you wanna do?" She asks, wiggling in her seat, so she can get more comfortable, but it's annoying because I can't focus on anything else than her.

"Stop with this moving, geez" I mutter out, putting my hand on her knee to stop her. She stops abruptly, but what I didn't expect that she'd put her hand on mine and intertwine ours fingers together.

She does it like it's her second habit and I froze at the gesture. I notice how touchy Florence is because for the last two weeks she really kept touching me somehow. Mostly it was just holding hands or keeping her hand on my back when we were walking somewhere. But she was doing it only when we weren't around the people we know, like her co-stars. I guess, she doesn't care now.