thirty eight

December 16, 2019 New York

"Thanks for the photos, baby. You look fucking amazing" I say to the phone as soon as Florence and I say 'hello's on the FaceTime. I mean the photos from premiere in UK, the pink dress looks amazing on my girlfriend.

"Oh, yeah?" She asks teasingly with a raised eyebrow.

"Definitely. I like this outfit the most, it just suits you so much" I admit with a thumb between my teeth. "But, I don't like the hair" I whisper as I pull out my finger from my mouth.

"You don't?" She frowns at my words and I shake my head immediately.

"No, no, I mean, yes! I don't mean it like this, you look gorgeous in every haircut or outfit, but I notice that for most premieres you have your hair tied up. I just prefer your hair down, that's it" I explain, shrugging and she smiles softly at me.

"Thank you for telling me this, I'll have this in mind. But to be honest, it's mostly my team who's deciding how I should look for red carpets or interviews" She shares with me and I pout slightly.

"I really don't understand how you can be okay with this. I also never understand this with my mom or even me, it's weird" I mumble and she laughs amusedly.

"You're right, love. It is what it is, though. They just know the best what people will like for us to wear, it's their job after all, darling" She tells me with a chuckle and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. It still sucks, I'll never let people tell me what to wear" I declare with a firm nod, making Flo laugh again.

"We'll see, darling. We'll talk again about it when your movies gonna be releasing" She teases and I bite my tongue in thoughts, my eyes start looking on the wall in front of me. "You alright, love?" Flo asks after a minute when I don't say anything.

"Oh, yeah, sorry" I apologize quickly and look back at my phone, seeing a smiling blonde. "Do you... Do you really think I'll succeed with my acting career?" I question anxiously with worried expression.

"Of course, Issie" She assures me instantly and I let out a shaky breath. "I know you'll be one of the biggest actress very soon, my love" She adds and I nod gratefully, beaming at her.

"Thank you" I reply softly. "It means a lot, baby, thank you" I murmur quietly, but she catches it.

"No need for thanking me, love. I'm just saying what I'm believing in, you're amazing and you already showed that in It" She says and I blush lightly.

"Okay, thank you, but stop before I'll start blushing too much" I grumble and she giggles in response.

"Okay, okay. Tell me how went your day and taking off the cast, hm?" She asks and I begin to talk about my day.

I'm finally free from the cast, so it went very well.

December 25, 2019 New York

"Bella, Bella, wake up, it's morning!" Rose's yell fills my ears through the door. I don't have enough time to wake up properly before a small body jumps on top of me, making me groan into the pillow. "Wake up, sissy!"

"Rose, how can I wake up when you're sitting on my back?" I ask with a muffled voice as my face is pressed into a soft pillow.

"Oh, right" She giggles when she realizes that I am in fact right. She shifts from my body and sits on the bed next to me, looking at me and waiting for me to move.

"Geez" I groan again and turn my body, so I'm laying on my back. Rose gives me a toothy smile and I can't stop myself for smiling at my younger sister too. "Morning, muppet"

"Good morning, sissy! Can we go unpack our presents now, please?" She requests sweetly.

"Yes, we can. Just let me grab a hoodie, okay?" I reply questionably and she nods rapidly a few times in agreement. I laugh at her antics and sit on the bed, reaching for my hoodie next to my bed. I put the hoodie on top of me and look at the girl. "Ready?"

"Yes!" She exclaims, taking my hand in her own, leading me to the door.

She's so excited that she doesn't lead me to the elevator, but she runs to the stairs. I slow her movements a little, so she doesn't fall or anything, but she only huffs and still runs down on the stairs.

We reach the living room very quickly and I chuckle when Rose releases my hand and runs to sit in front of the tree.

"Good morning, mom. Morning, Colin" I greet the adults, who are sitting on the couch.

"Morning, sweetheart" Mom smiles at me softly.

"Morning" Colin greets me too and I nod at him politely.

"Bella! C'mon, quickly!" Rose rushes me, already annoyed with how long I take. I roll my eyes, but sit next to her anyway a bit quicker.

"Open your present, muppet" I tell her and she grins at me, taking the first box with her name on. And actually, it's the present that I bought for her.

She starts unpacking her present and lets a loud gasp when she sees what it's inside. She takes off the whole paper and opens the box fully. Slowly, she pulls out the speaker with a microphone attached to it.

"No way!" She squeals happily and throws herself into my arms. I laugh at the girl, hugging her tight, enjoying the contact. She pulls away after a few seconds and look at the speaker again.

"You mentioned a couple of times about wanting to sing, so I thought, why not" I say and shrug. "Do you like it?" I question her, tilting my head at the girl.

"Yes!" She exclaims easily and I smile in return. "Will you sing with me?"

"Obviously" I reply in a 'duh' tone, making Rose giggles happily. "Open the rest and later we can check the karaoke machine together" I tell her, she nods instantly and reach to another box without thinking twice.

I turn my head to where the couch is and look at my mom. I release a giggle when I notice how hard she's glaring at me. I guess, she didn't like my present too much. I smirk to her before I look back at my sister.

"Rosie" Mom calls out softly, gaining our attention.

"Yes, mama?" Rose asks innocently.

"This thing goes to play room. I don't wanna hear this here" She orders sternly and I bite my tongue to stop myself from laughing amusedly.

"Okay, mama!" Rose responds casually and shrugs, going back to unpacking her presents without a care.

"You're dead" Mom mouths to me and I chuckle silently. I smile innocently at her and shoot her a wink. She rolls her eyes unamused with me, so I turn back to Rose once again, ignoring her further.

We unpack the presents for another hour, trialing off a bit after every gift. I got a Nintendo Switch and a new, pretty notebook for my songs. For mom, I bought a day in the SPA because I know she's stressed as hell and needs to relax without me, Rose or even Colin. And for Colin, I got a set of ties and two criminal books. I didn't know what to buy him, okay?

Later, we have nice breakfast together, enjoying our time as a family. After that, I call Florence, who tells me about her Christmas with her family and about her trip to Mexico. It's a little sad that we won't end this year together, but I'm coming to her to Los Angeles a week after her birthday, so it makes it kinda even.

The rest of the day, I spend with Rose, playing with her because for the last two months, I wasn't too great big sister for her and before that, I wasn't even with her, so I'm trying to be better.

We try the present I gave her, singing for a couple of hours until we got an angry message from mom, telling us to shut up finally. So with that, I decide to let her play on my new Nintendo Switch. We really enjoy our day together, I miss her so much.

Edited: November 17, 2022