thirteen

August 26, 2019 London

We all came back from San Diego over a month ago. My goodbyes with Mia were pretty miserable, it included a lot of crying and hugging, but one thing eased that. She's coming to London for my birthday, which is just in less than a week. Just a few more days and I'm going to be eighteen! I'm so excited about this.

The whole month I spent on set or with Flo once again. We're closer than ever and she didn't have her mood swings, not even once! I like to say that I know London pretty well now because Flo showed me a lot of the city. The only minus is that she became a bit more flirty with me, but keep it still simply, maybe it's just her personality. It messes with my head a little, but I like it. She gives me a lot of her attention and I don't complain about it, I love every second even if at the end of the day, it hurts me. I really think my crush grew so much that it can't grow up anymore at this point.

Few days ago, I contacted with one of my few friends from England. Sam Holland. Yes, the younger brother of Tom Holland aka Spider-Man. I've met him a couple of years back when he and his twin came with Tom on a set during filming Infinity War. So, it was like two years ago. I clicked with Sam immediately, with his twin brother not so much. He's the goofiest person I've ever met in my entire life. And after him is Florence now.

Sam was angry that I called him so late, but he forgave me when I invited him to my birthday. It's going to be a small party in our house, with only a cake and some champagne. I love England, because I can already drink here. Legally!

After the house party, I'm going to a club with Florence, Mia and Sam. I'll get so fucking drunk with my favorite people right now.

Also, I talked with my mom a bit about my future career and she gave me some opportunities. We decided to send my resumes for a few projects and we're waiting for any responses now. I really hope I'll get invited for any auditions. I wasn't in too many things, but I have a few small roles in big projects. Like Marvel or I was even in a few episodes of The 100. I was also in the first part of Maze Runner.

But my biggest role was as a Beverly in It. I agreed only because it was filming during the summer and my mom went with me almost for the whole time, being between filming two movies and she even took Mia with her. We have fun in Canada together.

So, maybe I have at least one big role in my portfolio.

I wake up early this morning, but it was already after my mom left to set, so I'm all alone in the house. Being alone sometimes has some pluses and today it's a good day for this because I'm going to be loud as fuck.

The things I bought some time ago in the music shop with Flo are already prepared and ready to use after all, I recorded few covers already in the last month. I take my ukulele and sit in front of my computer with the camera in front of me.

Did I mention that a few days ago, the queen herself published a new album?

Of course, I mean Taylor Swift.

The whole weekend I practiced playing one of her songs from that album on my ukulele. London Boy. Why this song? Because I have a big, fat crush on a British girl. She's not from London, but Oxford is close enough, okay? I just want to get my feelings off my chest and it's the best way for me right now.

I learn this song fully because I'm recording a cover of this song today for my YouTube channel.

"Alright, deep breaths" I whisper to myself, trying to calm a bit before I start recording.

I grab my ukulele in both hands before I lean forward and start my camera and my microphones. One for my singing rests on the desk, while the other is on a tripod on the floor to catch the instrument.

"Hello guys! It's Bella here and today, I have a new cover for y'all. A pretty new song called London Boy from the one and only Taylor Swift! And I know I have a lot of covers of her songs, but c'mon, can you honestly blame me?" I laugh at my own question.

Then I shift a bit on the chair, crossing my legs and leaning back on the comfy seat, giving the camera a better view on me.

"It's gonna be ukulele version, obviously" I mumble this in 'duh' voice. "Okay, enough talking, let's the fun begin!" I exclaim excitedly and look down on the instrument with a smile before I place my hands correctly and slowly begin to play.

"I love my hometown as much as Motown, I love SoCal..."

(imagine in the song above is used ukulele, i just like how they sound tbh)

The rest of the day I relax and texts a bit with Flo. I schedule uploading the cover at 5 a.m which is midnight in the US, so it's the perfect time because most of my 'fans' are from US.

And when I woke up around 10 a.m, the cover kinda blew up during the last five hours, which is fucking crazy! I have already almost hundred thousand views. How? It's the biggest numbers I ever made. Usually, I have that much after a day.

I eat my breakfast casually, a sandwich with a tea, and I read the comments under my cover, most of them are pretty nice, so I don't worry about it too much. With so many positive responses, I decide to publish a piece of my cover to my TikTok account, just to boost it even more. I like attention, sue me for that. As soon as I rest my phone down after I publish the short video, my phone starts ringing. I smile instantly when I see who's calling me.

Me: Well, hello there, Flossie

Flo: Isa!

She shouts and I cringe at the volume.

Me: Why so loud? Is everything okay?

Flo: Of course, no! Why didn't you tell me about your new cover? I thought we tell ourselves everything!

She yells at me and I can only imagine that she has her famous pout on her face. But she sounds so adorable, like a kid who didn't get attention. I didn't think she'll see it so soon. I knew she'd overall because she subscribes to my channel, but so soon? Isn't she filming right now?

Me: My dearest, Florence, don't be mad. You were busy yesterday and I felt the inspiration, you know? I just published in the morning

I tell her and she hums in acknowledge, clearly thinking about my words.

Flo: You're lucky that you're cute, I forgive you

She replies and I roll my eyes at her word, see right there? She's such a fucking tease. You can be surprise that I got a crush on her.

Me: Good. Do you like it?

I decide to ignore her flirting and ask about her opinion, getting a little shy asking about something like that, but I value her opinion.

Flo: Do I like it? I love it! You are so bloody good!

I smile at her words, it means a lot, because she knows music a little better than I am. I always preferred playing instruments or writing stuff and not singing. Flo sings incredibly well.

Me: Thank you. Watcha doing?

Flo: I have a small break right now, that's why I'm calling. I wanted to yell at you for that little stunt of yours

She playfully says and laughs softly. I chuckle quietly and then I hear some background sounds, it makes me pout instantly because I know what it means.

Flo: Shit, sorry, Isa. They need me, I'll call you after work, alright?

Me: Yeah, yeah, of course! Good luck! Bye-bye!

Flo: Byeee!

She drags out the goodbyes goofily and hangs up. I smile, but feel a little upset about that call, definitely too short for my liking. I love talking with Florence and I didn't see her for a few days because they were too busy on set, so I stayed home.

I sigh and open TikTok again, deciding to just watch some funny videos to brighten my mood and occupy my day before Flo calls me again or mom returns from the work. Today sucks.

Edited: October 19, 2022