thirty nine

December 31, 2019 New York

"Call me if you need anything and please be safe, Bella, okay?" Mom pleads last time when I'm already standing next to the door with Mia. I roll my eyes at her as I look down on the floor for a brief second because I don't have a death wish to do it to mom's face.

"Yes, mom. I promise, okay? I'll see you tomorrow!" I assure her and give her a quick hug. "Bye!" I yell at her and close the door behind me, Mia ahead of me.

"Let's get drunk!" Mia whisper-yells to me before we go inside the car. I laugh at her and shove her inside the car, pushing her to move for me.

"Yell it louder, shithead, let my mom hear you, yeah?" I mutter sarcastically and she chuckles.

"Oh, I wasn't that loud, don't be such a baby" Mia grumbles and flicks me up.

The whole ride is filled with giggles and gossips about the people we're going to see at the party. It takes less than thirty minutes to arrive and just a few minutes after 8 pm, we're inside of the big apartment in Chelsea.

"Hey guys!" Mia yells to some people in the kitchen. They all snap theirs head to our direction and I give them a shy smile. They are Mia's friends mostly and maybe I've met them once before, but I don't really know them. "You remember Isabelle, right?" She asks them and almost all of them nod and say 'hi' to me except of one person who quirks his eyebrow at me and Mia.

"I don't know, but hello, I'm Ezra, nice to meet you both" The guy greets us sweetly and offers his hand to shake. Mia is first to shake it and says 'hello' back. Then Ezra turns to me, beaming widely. "Hi"

"Hey" I greet him back and shake his hand gently. "I'm Bella" I introduce myself and he chuckles softly.

"Oh, trust me, I know" He replies and I raise an eyebrow at his words, but widen my eyes when I understand what he probably means. My mom. I sigh and take a step back, not feeling too comfortable around him now. I think he understands that and he's quick to shake his head. "Oh no! I mean, I know who's your mom, of course, but I meant the movie you were in! I'm a big fan of horror, I love your character in It" He adds softly and I widen my eyes again, but this time in good manner.

"Oh" I respond a little surprised "Thank you, you're the first to say this, so I appreciate this" I smile gratefully at him and relax again.

"You're very welcome, Bella" He replies politely. "So, what about we get this party started, hm?" He says a little louder to everyone around us and they all shout 'yeah'.

Ezra is a really nice guy, he pours me and Mia pretty good drinks. I don't know what he adds to them, but they're fucking strong and I love it. Except of our trio, there are six more people, so it's pretty cozy, but it still can be a good party with the right company.

We stay together, drinking and talking for a start. We quickly drink our first drinks, so I help Ezra this time to prepare another ones. He shows me how to make them as good as he did earlier, so I'm very happy about it, making a mental note to not forget it.

"Come and dance with me, Bee!" Ezra shouts to me and takes my hand, leading me to the clear space in the living room and spins me once before I stop with my hands on his chest, laughing loudly. I'm already after my second drink and they were so strong, I can feel their effect. But still, it's the perfect amount of alcohol in my body to have a great time, dancing.

"Ezra, you're crazy!" I giggle to him, letting him takes my both hands in his and dance playfully with me. Katy Perry plays in the background, making this situation so much funnier.

"'Cause, baby, you're a firework!" He sings happily, dancing in the beat. I shake my head amusedly, but follow his lead, copying his movements.

"Come on, show 'em what you're worth" I continue to sing and he beams excitedly at me.

Love On Set - Florence PughOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara