forty one

"C'mon, we're gonna be late, love" Flo rushes me, standing next to the door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Geez" I mumble, rolling my eyes. "I'll see you later, Rosie, alright?" I ask my little sister.

"Bye, sissy!" Rose waves at me and runs to our mom.

"Bye, mom" I smile softly, waving back to Rose.

"Bye, honey. Watch out for her, understand?" Mom tells sternly to Florence.

"Always, Scarlett, don't worry" Flo assures easily her with, smiling softly at my mom. We both leave the house after mom nods her head in approval.

"God, I thought we'll never leave" I mutter out, going to the car.

"Same, but it's sweet how Rose loves you. You are good with her, darling" Flo says sweetly, opening the door for me. I sit inside with a quiet 'thank you', moving to the other side. Florence sits next to me and takes my hand in her own instantly, squeezing it. "I love you"

"I love you too, Flossie" I reply and peck her lips before I rest my head on her shoulder.

Florence has an interview today, that's why we flight to New York yesterday. Sadly, I stay home for the night, while Flo had to stay in the hotel, but she drove for me, which is sweet. She's wearing a beautiful gold and blue, shining dress to her knees with a black, thick coat and black boots. She has gold heels to change for later, but for now she wants to stay warm.

And I'm wearing black long sleeve with beige overall with skirt and black over-the-knee boots. Black, puffy jacket on top of it, now wanting to freeze to death.

 Black, puffy jacket on top of it, now wanting to freeze to death

The drive is mostly quiet because of my nerves. It's going to be the first time when people see us together and even if it's not any event or anything, it's an interview and paparazzi will take some photos of us for sure. And it means that our relationship will become somehow public in a couple of minutes.

Every time when I start worrying, my knee starts bouncing and Flo immediately squeezes my thigh in a comforting way, making me relax quickly and easily. I swear this woman is magical and has some power over me. She also gives me a lot of sweet kisses the whole ride, making me blush like a fucking tomato.

We arrive to the studio in twenty minutes because of the traffic, but it's normal for New York. We exit the car and Flo holds up her hand to me. I take it thankfully, shooting her a grateful smile.

Two guards guide us into the building, luckily no paparazzi are around or I'm just too scared to look around in search for them. It's a possibility as my eyes never leave the ground until we enter the building.

Flo gives me a hand squeeze, making my eyes to snap to her face. I furrow my eyebrows in silent question.

"I need to do my makeup, I'll be back, okay, love?" Flo tells me sweetly, her eyes watching my face carefully.