forty six

March 13, 2020 Los Angeles

"Flo?" I whisper quietly to the phone when Florence answers the call after a second. I just enter my car, Mini Cooper JCW, and close the door after me.

My mom sent me her car around the time when I started filming. She didn't want me to ride Ubers with strangers, so she gave me hers, the same one she borrowed me to teach me to drive. I'm happy she did that because I love the car, it's small, but comfy and easy to drive.

"Bella! I've been calling you for an hour now. Is everything okay?" She asks worriedly, the concern very clear in her tone.

"I'm sorry. The set was a mess. They shut the production because of the news. This shit is crazy, Flo" I mumble, changing the phone on speaker mode and putting it in phone holder. "I'm in the car already, I'll be home soon, so I can call you then?" I offer, starting the engine. I'm more than ready to just go back home and hide in my bed, in the safe place.

"No! Don't go home" She rushes out and I huff out confusedly.

"What? Why?"

"Come to mine. I don't want you to be alone today, not when the word is going crazy right now" She explains and I smile softly.

"Are you sure? You stayed in home for a few days and I've been on set every day. What if I got the disease?" I murmur in worry in my voice.

"Then I want you here even more. I wanna take care of you if you're sick. But you're probably fine. If you don't come to mine, I swear I'll come to yours" She threatens and I giggle at her overprotectiveness.

"Okay, okay, geez. No need to threaten me" I tease my girlfriends and she sighs from the other side of the phone.

"I'm sorry. I just need you with me, okay? It's a scary situation and I want you with me here" She explains quietly.

"I know, baby. I was joking. I'm starting the car at this moment, so I'll be there soon, okay?"

"Okay, good. Can we keep talking, though? I just wanna be sure that-"

"Sure thing, Flossie" I assure, cutting into her rambling. Sweet, but unnecessary.

"Good, good, okay" I can hear her calming and I smile to myself at my girlfriend.

Over twenty minutes later, I'm turning off my car in Flo's driveway and hang up the call with the blonde. I sigh before I take my things from the backseat and exit the car. I have with me two backpacks filled with clothes from the set. I approach the car and the door swings open, showing me my beautiful girlfriend is in a t-shirt and some sweats, looking beautiful as ever. We didn't see each other for a couple of days because I was seriously busy on set and I almost wasn't even home.

"You're okay" Flo mumbles before she crashes her body against mine in a tight hug.

"I am, don't worry" I assure the blonde, rubbing her back softly before I cup her face and connect our lips in a quick kiss. Just enough to feel each other fully.

"Let's go inside" She then decides and takes my things even if I complain about, she just glares at me and I go silent after that.

"Is the television says something more about the whole things?" I ask while Flo puts my bags on the couch and leaves to the kitchen. "I didn't wanna look into internet alone" I add quickly in small tone when I follow her.

"Nothing much honestly, the same things they're saying for the last few days" Flo replies, taking a water filter jug from the fridge and pouring the water into two glasses. "It's going down really fast, it's scary"

"Yeah, tell me about. The producers stopped filming as soon as the president declared National Emergency. Nicholas doesn't know what to do, but I think he'll fly home until he can, it's unknown what will happen" I say, mentioning my co-star from England.