Chapter 16

{Watch out for the change in POVs!}

{Dedication to Shachi.:-) She i an amazing person and an awesome writer.. Please Please check out her works! They are awesome!! I love you shachi..:*}

Keya's POV:

"That was the best night of my life!", I said jumping on my bed. It was an eventful night. The best part being my brother's message. I got to listen to his voice on my birthday. It was the best gift ever. We had many of his taped videos but this beats them all.

"The day is yet to come babe..", Krish said as he made his way next to me.

Something was missing. I quickly got up and folded my legs as I sat infront of Krish.

"Where's my gift?", I demanded spreading my hand infront of him. Krish was the only one from whom I could ask for a gift like this.

I noticed Krish was in a panic. "Keya.. I..Ummm.. Actually..".

No Freaking Way! He can't forget.! it was our ritual!! We always gave each other gifts after midnight. But, I agree we have been really busy since we returned. He must have been really occupied.

"Tomorrow. Promise. You shall get your gift tomorrow. I am so sorry babe", he gave me a peck and went over to his bed.

I guess its alright. Krish took out his cell and started playing on it. Wait! If he had really forgotten about my gift, he would be dying of guilt right now and not play games!

Ha! I smiled to myself and went over to him.

I sang, "Kriiiiiiiiiiiiiiish...."

He sang back, "Keyaaaaaaaaaaaa....".

"My Gift..", I continued.

"Say please...", he finally smirked.

I hit him on his shoulder, "Liar!! You can't even do that properly!"

He pulled me on the bed, "Well I can lie well but you know me very very well to figure it all out..". He pouted and pinched my nose,"Close your eyes."

I did as I was told to. I was smiling hard out of excitement. Krish returned within few seconds, "Open them now..".

I opened my eyes to two most beautiful stones I have ever seen. This gotta be unreal!

"D... D... Diamonds??", I was speechless.

"Princess cut. Limited edition designs from T&T!", he put on his trademark smirk.

T&T were the best jewellery designers! My god! I hugged Krish out of joy. It was a wonderful gift.

"Happy Birthday Keya", he smiled.

I released him and said, "Haven't you heard that diamonds are a woman's best friends? You just bought yourself competition boy!"

"Ha! Ha! Ha! As if!! You know it very well that no bloody thing on earth comes between me and my best friend!"

"True that!", I raised my hands to rest my case.

"Come. Try em on!"

I made my way to the full length mirror and put the studs on my ears. Oh, How perfect was their size for my ears! They sparkled, like, really sparkled! It seemed as if I was wearing one of my mother's jewellery.

"Beautiful.", Krish said as he stared into the mirror.

"I know right? They are so awesome Krish! Thank you so much.!"

"Well you are always welcome honey.. But I was talking about you..", he said as our eyes met in the mirror and a genuine smile emerged on our faces.