Chapter 21

Vivan's POV :

"How can they be so flawless?," I asked to no one in particular.

"When you spend half of your holidays doing only one thing, you tend to expert it!,", answered Tanya who sat next to me on the bench. We were watching Keya and Aarav ice-skate as we put on our skates. They went in earlier saying they weren't hungry while we ate hot-dogs.

"Really?"

"Oh yeah, in every summer holidays we guys used to come here almost everyday.."

"And let me guess, Aarav and Keya were the stars of the ice!," I said in a fan-struck tone.

Tanya laughed, "Yes!"

"Everyone in the rink must have fallen at least once.. But those two are like dancing on the ice.."

"Well, then lets make em fall...," Tanya looked at me and winked.

I gave her a wicked smile, "You surely must be having some plan then?"

"Where else do you think my sister Aanya gets her wickedness from?," she said before we laughed.

Sahil's POV :

Vivan and Tanya were entering the rink. I was in the viewer's arena with Sharon.

"You sure you don't wanna skate?," I asked her again.

"Sahil, I got my photo shoot tomorrow. Can't afford bruises!," she replied.

Sharon seemed upset today. I could tell there was something wrong. Should I ask her? Even if I do, would she tell me? Sharon and I were best friends when we were kids. She is my neighbour so we spent most of our time together. Joint at hips, would be the word for us, three words actually.

It all changed when we went to college. She mingled up with new people and took modelling seriously. But for the sake of old times, I hope she tells me.

I finally took the courage to ask her, "Sharon what's wrong?"

She came back from her thoughts, "Nothing.. What made you think something was wrong?"

I did not reply but sat with my arms crossed and staring at her.

She sighed, "Its embarrassing!"

I gave a hearty laugh, "Seriously? I know the most embarrassing part of you, your childhood! Anyway, if you don't wanna tell me, just fine!"

I looked at my friends who were enjoying the ice. Aarav and Keya were on fire as usual. Vivan and Tanya were whispering into each other's ears. Something was definitely cooking between the two. Kabir was playing tag with Aanya and Zoya.

"There is this guy..," Sharon was speaking. I was shocked that she was.

"There always is a guy..," I unknowingly said, "Oh. Sorry.. Go on.."

"His name is Yash. He really helped me with my career. Getting offers from famous firms and stuff like that. We were in a relationship and I really loved him.. "

Sharon's words pierced my heart.

"But he doesn't love me..," Sharon said and started crying. Her sudden outburst confused me. I went and sat on the chair next to her and held her hand.

"Shhh.. Shh.. Don't cry Sharon.. I'm here.. Don't cry please..," I tried to comfort her.

"Sahil he was just fooling around with me. He said he never was serious. He broke up with me. And you know what he said before leaving? He said 'You're a model. Just get away with it'. How could he say that? Don't models have a heart. Just because of a few sluts of our kind, people consider all of us the same. But its not true.. We do have a heart! We have a life too!," Sharon was speaking her heart out.