Chapter 23

Keya woke up at around eight in the morning and noticed that Tanya was already up and bathed.

"Hey.. Morning..," she said when she saw her.

"Good morning..," Keya smiled. She did not speak to her about Krish and Keya found no hint on her face which told her that she wanted to either. Keya decided not to bring up that topic right now. Tanya probably needed some time to think about it on her own and Keya was sure she would tell her about it herself.

"You goin somewhere?," Keya asked on seeing a traditional dress spread out on her bed.

"Ah yes. Rajeev's parents are in town. You remember he had mentioned that they were upset with him and stuff. Well, seems like he worked it out with them and when they came to know he was marrying, they just took him in their arms," she told me.

"That's nice. Manya would have a complete family then..," Keya said.

"Hope so. They have invited us for lunch. I guess they will fix the dates today.."

"That's really amazing! My goodness, Manya is getting married..," Keya replied with joy. She knew my brother would be so happy right now. His Manya was finally starting a life.

Keya ate her breakfast with Tanya's family before leaving for home.

Gauri greeted her at the door and kissed her forehead. Her mother's presence made her felt better. Last night didn't really end well. But it was time for her to relax a bit and enjoy with Gauri.

...

"Oh Lord, when will this girl learn? Keya don't spill oil on the platform!," Gauri was constantly complaining.

Keya had made her sit on a stool and watch her cook.

"Mumma just relax! Once you taste this, you will forget everything..," Keya told her as she closed the lid of the cooker.

Chicken Biryani was her today's special.

"The aroma is indeed wonderful. But you are the messiest cook!," Mumma said.

They went into the backyard through the kitchen and sat with some cold drinks.

"Mumma, have you considered talking to Krish? I am worried he will turn into another Manya! And it won't be as easy to convince him as it was convincing her..," Keya told her. Krish had to be discussed.

"You know how stubborn he is. Whenever I go talk to him, he is like, 'Find me a girl when you want to see me married, I will marry her blindly'," she replied in his tone which made Keya giggle.

"You know we should seriously do that then! You should tell him to marry Tanya..," Keya regretted it the moment she realised what she had spoken. She closed her eyes, "Oops!"

Gauri sat back in her chair and crossing her arms asked, "Tanya?"

Keya hesistated at first but then she thought Gauri had a right to know what's going on with her son. Hence Keya told her everything.

She was the bravest mother Keya have ever come across. She has looked after not one but three troubled kids. Their childhood then their teenage, everything was a challenge because of their emotional instability. But she always knew how to keep the kids positive and happy.

"I think we should seriously leave him alone," she said after analysing what Keya had said, "Look pushing him into something he doesn't want, would by no way, help him. It might just irritate him. And Keya you know what is more important to him now, his career. Let's give him some time. I trust him, and so do you. But yes, as far Tanya is concerned, she sure has a decision to make. She shouldn't hurt herself anymore."