Chapter 2

Krish's POV:

As I walked down the stairs, I could take in the aroma of mum's delicious breakfast. After eating ready-to-cook meals and hotel food, this was like sunlight to a blind.!

Keya jumped to the kitchen shouting, “Yummy..Yummy..Mummy..yummy.!"

I saw Dad sitting in the living room watching the news. He didn't go to the office today. Mum had mentioned earlier that he worked more from home these days.

"Hello Dad" I said as I sat myself next to him.

"Hey son.. So happy to have you back" he said with a sincere smile.

"The same old news I see.." I said looking at the TV.

"Yes.. But this news might interest you.." he turned up the volume.

The lady in the news channel narrated :

"Top Business Tycoon Vijay Rathod of the Rathod Group of Companies soon to designate his sons as CEO's of his empire in India and Australia. No one is unknown to the fact that two of his elder sons are ready to take their family business to the next level with their modern approach. Their rival firms and the rest of the world await his decision. Everyone is curious to know which of the sons will be assigned which country and If any will be kept back."

Hmm.. So The Rathod Group was one of the top business firms of the world. But what was there to interest me in this?

"Since my child., you have asked me to give you some time before joining me with our business. I think you should work with the Rathod group for a few months.. "

Holy Shit.!! No.!! Working for those brats!?! No chance.!

"Your expressions clearly indicate your disapproval of my decision. But as I said it's my decision. But am not giving you a choice here. I have listened to you with regards to not joining me. But now you have to listen to Me.! "

Me? Working for those filthy rich sons! I cannot imagine that.! I did want to do a job in any company but my own. But I did not expect this.

"hmmmm" I replied.

"I have myself talked to Mr. Rathod. He said he would be pleased to have my son work along with his in reframing the financial structure of his companies."

Hell! Dad has directly talked to him! I won't b surprised since my dad run's India's leading real estate development company founded by Keya's dad. They were colleagues but more importantly - best friends . After Keya's parents died my dad got 40% of the company's shares. Rest were passed on to Keya. Every single penny of the profits goes to Keya's account. My dad just takes his share and his salary. Ironic but true. Technically he runs the company but the owner remains Keya. Dad even asked her if she had any plans for the company but she simple said that she trusts him like she would  trust her own father and will agree with any decisions he takes. She even refused to take charge of her account which has like millions of amount in it. She said she didn't need it. And why would she. My dad never failed to fulfill any of our needs.

Dad cleared his Throat expecting me to reply.. Not knowing how to say no I began

"Look dad.." before I could complete Keya walked in with the breakfast.

"Time to attack!" she called out.

"Yippee" I said and we all walked to the dining table.

"Thanks!" I slowly said in her ears. She just winked at me! My savior.!

Wow! Simply amazing.! Keya and I ate as if we were on some hunger strike earlier! Mom n Dad started laughing. That was when we realized our not so human way of eating and joined the laughter. This ambience was mug better than the one in the lounge.