Chapter 31

"Holy shit! I thought this was supposed to be a private beach," Vivan said as he stood by the railing on the balcony of his bungalow.

"There hasn't been an evening that these guys don't meet up there. Krish and Aarav come directly from the office," Keya told him, "I think even you should come to the beach. Walking on the sand will help you."

"Probably yes.. I anyway have to go office tomorrow," he said.

It had been a week since Vivan was off bed rest. It was a week until new year's eve. The Hospital was getting inaugurated. Vivan's newly formed policies for his company were supposed to go on floors. This last week of the year was supposed to be the busiest.

Keya was always by Vivan's side when she wasn't working. They were starting to know each other better. Not only was their love growing but also they were developing a special bond of understanding.

"Do you think Varun is ready?," Vivan asked Keya.

She understood what he meant and replied, "The last time I had a conversation with him about this, he seemed really enthusiastic about your policies. He has been going through them. I think it's time you take him with you."

Vivan wanted his younger brother to join him in his office but he wondered if it was the right time. Vivan knew it very well that once he joins the office he will get hardly any time to enjoy and given his age, he should enjoy now. He told Keya about it.

Keya explained, "Look it's not that you are putting upon some responsibility on him. Just take him with you and let him watch. He shall learn the best with you than anyone else. More over you should be happy that Varun is willing to do all this. So just talk to him tonight and get him prepared."

"I think you are right," Vivan said.

"I am always right," Keya smirked.

"Well that's coz you are my girlfriend," Vivan smiled.

"Is it?," Keya raised her eyebrow.

They laughed and kissed. Keya wasn't this happy in years and neither did Vivan feel as lively.

"Like seriously? Are they having a barbecue party out there?," Vivan asked as he saw Aarav attending a grill.

"Damn! Let's just go!!," Keya took Vivan's hand and they went to the beach.

..

"Aarav you will burn them," Tanya told him.

"That's the point!," he replied, "Hot dogs are best tasted burnt."

"Well not for me!," she told him.

Krish came along and stuck a finger in her mouth. "How's it?," he asked.

"You seriously made that?," Tanya was surprised. The barbecue sauce Krish was working on turned out amazing.

"I've got mustard too," he said.

A few yards away was a big bonfire around which sat Aanya, Simran and Varun.

They were joined by Sahil and Kabir.

"You guys go and have some fun," she told Varun and Aanya, "All you guys do is hover around me and treat me like I'm made of glass. Just go now. I'm sure these guys can keep me company."

"I'm not really hungry," Varun said.

"But I am! Now go make sure they make some yummy hot dogs. And you Aanya, make sure they don't harass your sister!," Simran was adamant on shoving them.

Sahil laughed as they went, "Aren't they cute?"

"Yeah apart from the time they don't act like my mother. They are."