Chapter 44

"Here we are," Keya said on spotting a very bright source of light that could illuminate the entire neighbourhood.  They saw two very big iron gates which opened to let their bus in.

"Holy mother! Its a palace," Varun exclaimed, "This is like a dream come true!"

"It's called a Haveli duh," Aanya told him.

"It is so huge and look at the lightings! Red, blue, green, white! It seems like Diwali and Christmas merged together!," he said.

"That's Indian Weddings for ya," Tanya laughed.

"That's my sister in the middle and next to her my Mama and Mami. You can ignore the other relatives! I always do and you'll know why," Keya told Vivan.

She was the first one to get down from the bus followed by Krish.

Her cousin Sakshi came running towards her, "Keyaaaa! Welcome home!"

The word home was so soothing to Keya's ears that she might have even shed a tear.

"So happy to be here!," she said.

"Mamu!," Keya greeted him and then her aunt.

Till then everyone had come down from the bus and so Keya introduced them to her family.

"Keya beta," Aunt number one spoke.

"Namaste Aunty!," Keya smiled at her.

"Kinni soni lag rahi hai," she said and moved both her hands over Keya's head and rested them on the sides of her head, "Nazar na lage!"

"This is Vivan right?," Aunty number two spoke, "Have heard that he is your boss as well as your lover."

Vivan felt really awkward when she put it that way but Keya seemed to be relaxed. Ignore them, he remembered her words.

"Arre Jassi Aunty," Krish greeted her, "How are you? And how is your daughter? I was said to hear about the divorce at first, she left the employee for the boss? But then, good she did that! I'm sure her life must be heaven now! God bless her. "

Krish had taunted in the sweetest way possible. Keya's Mami laughed and said, "You guys must be hungry! Come on in!"

"Very!!!," came an unaminous answer.

As they reached the dining area, Keya asked her Mama, "How's Grandpa?"

He smiled and replied, "He was good since a few days. But today his blood pressure had gone down. Whenever he feels good, he'll demand to go around. You know we have decided to keep this wedding a small event right? But he saw that there were no decorations and screwed my case! Hence, the lightings and flowers all around. 'It's my grand daughter's wedding not my funeral,' he had shouted at me."

"He loves Sakshi a lot doesn't he?," Keya asked.

"He loves all his grandchildren," he cupped Keya's face with his hands and replied.

"Garma garam chole aa rahe hai," her Mami entered with a large container.

As they ate, one of Keya's nosey Aunt spoke, "So Krish? What are you doing now? Took over  Keya's business already?"

Keya stopped before putting the spoon in her mouth and kept it down.

"I'm surprised Aunty that you don't already know what Krish is doing," Keya tried to be as polite as she could.

"Come on Jassi," Keya's Mami decided to change the topic, "We have all the time to talk about all this! Let the kids enjoy their dinner!"

The gang ate like there was no tomorrow. Their stomachs were full when Sakshi walked in with a tray full of glasses of lassi!