Chapter 54

Vivan woke up with a heavy head the next morning. He looked for his cell phone which was plugged to a charger and he didn't remember doing that.

Next to his phone was a glass of water and a tablet on a piece of paper with something written on it.

Take the tablet.
Had to run to the hospital.
Shall see you post work.
Last night was fun! You were such a sport.!
XOXO

Vivan smiled as he read his girlfriend leaving him a message the old fashioned way.

He put the tablet in his mouth and gulped it down with water. He then realized that he wasn't wearing his own clothes. Who even changed them for him?

He got up from his bed and could hear the television so he went out.

Krish was there on the sofa with a newspaper in his hand.

"Good morning," Vivan took a seat next to him.

"Oh, you're up! Good morning!," Krish said, "You feel good?"

"Yeah. Better. Just hungry!," he said.

"Breakfast is ready. Was just waiting for you," Krish said and pointed to a bag, "Varun dropped by and brought your clothes. He left just five minutes ago."

They moved to the breakfast table and Vivan saw there were more than two items.

"Who made all this?," He asked.

"Who do you think?" Krish said.

"What?? How can she even manage to do all this!," Vivan was astonished.

Krish simply laughed.

"What?," He asked.

"Was just kidding. Shalaka made it," he laughed again, "Keya like got up 15 minutes before she had to leave and hurried to work. Tanya left with her too"

"Yea she left me a note," Vivan said.

"Man sorry if I made you drink more than you should have," Krish apologized.

"It's okay man! I enjoyed myself!," Vivan winked.

"You sure did! We should do this know. A bit of a guy time! Once Aarav is back. Let's go out," Krish said.

"We totally should. Ever since I've come to India. I haven't had a boys night out! God knows when will Aarav be back though," Vivan said.

"Someday next week," Krish told him, "He spoke to Keya last night."

"He did?," Vivan was surprised, "Didn't he like want to be away from her?"

"Apparently. But it's Keya and Aarav! They've always gotten through shit together. Sometimes it took a day or two, weeks and once it took 4 years! But yea they do!"

Vivan smirked and looked away.

"What?," Krish asked him.

"It's always Keya and someone, right? Keya and Aarav, Keya and Krish! I wonder where Keya and Vivan stand amongst all these," Vivan said.

Krish really appreciated Vivan sharing his feeling. This was the guy who he had witnessed confess yesterday. This was the guy who would keep Keya happy forever. Who would look after her when Krish won't be able to any longer. He deserved to feel better too.