Chapter 24 : Part 1

Keya's POV:

I heard the doorbell but I was least concerned about who was visiting us right now. I was questioning myself for what I had done. . I could easily imagine myself with him, having a time of my life. I hadn't just turned down Vivan, I had turned down an opportunity to be loved once again.

It obviously was a lie when I told him that the kiss meant nothing. The kiss was definitely something. Even kissing Aarav never felt this way. It's probably because we were young back then, and now am more mature. How could I not tell him that the kiss took me to another world! Coz you are an idiot Keya! What was stopping me?

I sighed heavily and stomped my foot on the floor. Right then, there was a knock on the door before it opened. Manya!

"Hey..," I got up from my place.

"Hey Princess..," she smiled.

"Oh my goodness!! Sweets!! Congo Congo Congo!!!!," I hugged her.

She immediately took out a piece of the sweet from the box I had spotted in her hand and fed it to me. I took a bite and fed the rest of it to her.

"I'm getting engaged after all," she smiled.

"Yeah you are..," I spoke and my eyes moistened immediately.

"Hey... No..," Manya said holding my face

"These are the tears of happiness," I put on a smile and she hugged me.

Manya is as caring and protective about me as my brother was. She was the perfect person to talk about how I was feeling. But I was gonna do that indirectly.

"How do you feel Manya? How does it feel to be loved again?," I asked as we sat on the bed.

"It feels the same Keya. Love is love after all. People change but feelings don't. There is just one way of loving and that is selflessly. Rajeev's love changed me. It gave me a second life. I can't be anything but thankful to you guys for being there for me and helping me with my life. I love you guys.," Manya replied getting all teary.

I hugged her while she talked her heart out about the wedding.

After she left, I realized one thing, my insecurities weren't gonna let me get involved in love. If it was gonna feel the same, it would hurt the same too. I couldn't afford to lose myself again, especially when Krish needs me. My insecurities and priorities weighed more than me wanting to fall in love again.

I decided to take a shower and just remove all of today's thoughts from my mind.

There were two missed calls from Krish when I checked my cell phone. I immediately called him.

"Where the hell were you idiot?," he picked up on the first ring.

"Shower! Can't you have some patience?"

"Whatever! Wassup?"

"Just got in bed. Am tired!," I sighed.

"Ookayy! Manya had called. I'm so happy! I'll be there for the engagement I think. We are almost finishing over here."

"Can't wait to have you back!," I was glad to hear that.

"I know! So what did you do today?"

"I had a quality time with Mom.. then Vivan had come over.."

"Oh had he? He likes you doesn't he?"

Great! I was trying to forget the incident and here my best friend just hit a nerve!

I took a deep breath and replied, "No he doesn't. We just hung out and Manya came home and stayed for an hour or so."

"Just hung out huh?," I could make out his wicked smile behind the phone and wanted to smack his face.